Irresistible Potato Red Cabbage Tikki.
Irresistible Potato Red Cabbage Tikki is a new twist to Aloo (Potato) Tikki, a very popular north Indian snack. Adding freshly grated cabbage gives it a nice purplish color and crunchiness. It’s a great snack/brunch which is comfortably tasty, yet nutritious because of vegetables. A true blend of spices and vegetables makes it really irresistible.
Let’s learn to make Irresistible Potato Red Cabbage Tikki in 3 easy to understand quick steps.
- Potatoes, halved, boiled and peeled - 4
- Red cabbage, finely shredded - 1 cup
- Coriander seeds - ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion, finely chopped - 1
- Garam masala powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Dried mango powder (amchur) - 1 tsp
- Oil for shallow frying
- Combine all the ingredients to it except oil, and mash well.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 equal sized balls.
- Gently flatten them into round shapes.
- Keep the mixture balls in a fridge for 1 hour minutes. (You can also roll these balls in breadcrumbs if you wish)
- Heat a flat pan on medium.
- Add some oil to it, and shallow fry the balls till they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite ketchup or chutney. Enjoy!
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #mggk
Happy Cooking and Keep Sharing! 🙂