Learn to make Irresistible Potato Red Cabbage Tikki Recipe – Potato Cabbage Cutlet recipe with easy step-by-step photo instrucions. This cabbage tikki is a very hearty, healhty, and delicious which can be ready in minutes. This spicy tikki is best served with some green chutney and some hot tea.
Tikki is a popular North Indian snack, usually made with potatoes and some spices. In aloo tikki, ‘Aloo’ is ‘Potato’, and ‘Tikki’ stands for ‘Cutlet’. Tikkis are either served as a snack with chutney or served as a ‘Tikki Chaat’ along with Chole, Green chutney (Hare Dhaniye Ki Chutney), Tamarind chutney (aka Imli Ki Chutney), yogurt and onions.
Related: Aloo Tikki Burger
Irresistible Potato Red Cabbage Tikki is a new twist to Aloo (Potato) Tikki, a very popular north Indian snack. Adding freshly grated cabbage gives it a nice purplish color and crunchiness. It’s a great snack/brunch which is comfortably tasty, yet nutritious because of vegetables. A true blend of spices and vegetables makes it really irresistible.
Related: Sizzling Mushroom Tikki – Mushroom Cutlet
Related: RAJMA TIKKI – KIDNEY BEANS CUTLETS
Let’s learn to make Irresistible Potato Red Cabbage Tikki in easy to understand quick steps.
Add all the ingredients ( except oil) to a mixing bowl. Mash well until combined. Divide the mixture into 8-10 equal portions. Grease your palms and take a small portion of tikki mixture and roll it into a smooth ball. Flatten the ball to make a (tikki) patty.
Keep the mixture balls in a fridge for 1 hour or 30 minutes. (You can also roll these patties in breadcrumbs if you wish.)
Heat a flat pan on medium heat. Add some oil to it, and shallow fry the balls till they turn golden brown. Serve hot with your favorite ketchup or chutney. Enjoy!
Related: SIZZLING BITES OF DALIA TIKKI
You may also like these red cabbage recipes:
- Red Cabbage Zucchini Chana Dal
- Potato Paneer Stuffed Roasted Red Cabbage Cones with Sriracha Sauce
- Chana Dal Red Cabbage Tikki
- Red Cabbage Stuffed Paratha (Recipe)
- Distinctive Red Cabbage Omelet (Recipe)
- Red Cabbage Cauliflower Radish Chickpea Pancake (Vegetarian-Recipe)
- Tempting Spiced Curry Noodles (Vegetarian-Recipe)
Irresistible Potato Red Cabbage Tikki - Cutlet [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.1 from 1321 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
Irresistible Potato Red Cabbage Tikki:
- 4 large-sized potatoes, halved, boiled and peeled
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped or finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized green chili, chopped, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder, or paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur)
- Oil for shallow frying
Irresistible Potato Red Cabbage Tikki:
- Add all the ingredients ( except oil) to a mixing bowl.
- Using a potato mashes, mash well until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 equal portions.
- Grease your palms and take a small portion of tikki mixture and roll it into a smooth ball.
- Flatten the ball to make a (tikki) patty.
- Keep the mixture balls in a fridge for 1 hour or 30 minutes. (You can also roll these patties in breadcrumbs if you wish.)
- Heat a flat pan on medium.
- Add some oil to it, and shallow fry the balls till they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite ketchup or chutney, and chai. Enjoy!
- Flour potatoes are best for making aloo tikki. Do not use silky potatoes for making tikkis, or they will need alot of binders.
- I made 8 medium sized tikkis with this mixture. Feel free to make smaller tikkis.
- You can adjust the amount of spices according to your tastebuds.
- You can add whole potatoes, or add grated potatoes to the tikki mixture.
- Ensure the prepared potato mixture is soft yet non-sticky. If the mixture is sticky, then the tikkis might break apart or stick to the pan while frying. You can add some corn starch, if the mixture is too sticky.
- These tikkis taste best when they are shallow or deep-fried. But you can also air-fry them or bake in an oven. When shallow frying, oil in the pan should cover half the height of the potato cabbage tikki.
- Instead of oil, you can also use ghee for frying potato cabbage tikki.
- If you are planning to serve aloo tikkis later, then frying twice would give you the crispy tikkis.
If this recipe helped you, then please spread the word by sharing and subscribing to us on YouTube to get more such Recipe Videos.
Your feedback is so helpful for me and other MyGingerGarlicKitchen readers. So, for Facebook and Instagram, please mention @MyGingerGarlicKitchen or #mygingergarlickitchen. I would love to see your photos. :)
Recipe Source Link: https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/irresistible-potato-red-cabbage-tikki-recipe/
Date Published: 2022-09-27