Learn to make Tandoori Paneer Tikka Recipe 4 Ways ( in The Oven, Tawa, Grill) with a simple recipe video tutorial. Tandoori Paneer Tikka is the perfect starter/appetizer and even a great dinner for tandoori tikka lovers.
In India, a party without tandoori starters is not a party at all. Be it a get-together, barbeque, or dinner parties, tandoori dishes are a must.
This is a great starter option whether you’re feeding to a crowd or simply feeding your family. Your guests will surely relish the real flavors of this paneer tikka utterly, so be ready to hear some wows!
This is an easy recipe for paneer tikka.
When we talk about starters or appetizers, then one of the first dishes which comes to everyone’s mind is tikka. Here, Tandoori Paneer Tikka is especially favored, because it has that ideal mingle of spices.
The smoky flavor of the marinated and tandoor-cooked paneer is simply jaw-dropping. Hard to describe in words, one has to taste it to live that inexpressible feeling.
Best restaurant style tandoori paneer tikka recipe.
Today I am sharing is the best recipe for Tandoori Paneer Tikka you will ever cook at home. It has the same taste you get at your favorite restaurant. And the good thing is that this recipe can easily be replicated at home without a tandoor.
Yes, it is possible to have that restaurant style taste in Tandoori Tikka with the simple kitchen gadgets you have such as, tawa/pan, home oven, panini/grilled sandwich maker, or just with a simple disposable grill.
So in short, roasting a tikka to the charred perfection is very much possible at home.
I love the homemade tandoori paneer tikka because it is so easy to prepare, and tastes so incredible just like you get at the restaurants.
What is paneer tikka?
Many of you might wonder about ‘what is paneer tikka’? This post explains everything about paneer tikka such as how it is different from paneer tikka masala, many possible ways of grilling it, etc.
This is one the most favored menu items at the Indian restaurants worldwide. This is one of such dishes which you usually find at any Indian restaurant, small or big. Moreover, this dish is mostly the star-of-the-menu dish. Thus this will be at the top of the menu list.
Paneer Tikka is an Indian appetizer where paneer chunks are marinated with fiery yogurt mixture and then it is authentically grilled in a Tandoor, which is a name for the traditional North Indian clay oven.
Paneer Tikka is a great vegetarian alternative to the non-vegetarian dishes such as Chicken Tikka, Fish tikka, or any other satay.
What is Tikka?
Tikka is a dish made with small chunks of meat/vegetables which are first marinated in a spicy yogurt mixture and then roasted in a clay oven.
What is Paneer? What is paneer (cheese) made of?
Paneer is an Indian version of cottage cheese which is made by only 2 ingredients. You curdle full cream milk with any of the following agents: lemon juice, white vinegar, yogurt or buttermilk. You can make it at home, or you can use the store bought.
How to make paneer at home?
Here’s how to make paneer at home. First, you boil fresh milk.
Add your desired agent, and allow milk to curdle. Drain the whey and rinse with ice cold water. Wrap it in a cheesecloth and put under pressure. Paneer is ready to use. Cut into desired cubes and make your favorite paneer dish. You can find the detailed version of homemade paneer recipe here.
Where to buy paneer cheese?
In many countries, you can get paneer at your local grocery stores. However, if you don’t find paneer in your local store, then you can easily buy it from any of the local Indian grocery stores.
How long paneer can be marinated?
Paneer does not require long marinating time, just 30 minutes is all you need. This marination can also be done the day before, but it has to be refrigerated all the time. Add paneer to the marinade only 30 minutes prior to baking/roasting.
How to serve paneer tikka?
Paneer tikka can be served as a starter or an appetizer. Simply sprinkle some chat masala and drizzle some lemon juice. Serve it hot along with green coriander chutney, or mint coriander chutney along with some sliced onions. The flavourful chutney and the crunch of onion would levitate the taste and flavor.
What is the difference between Paneer Tikka and Paneer Tikka Masala?
Paneer Tikka is a dry dish which is served as an appetizer. Paneer tikka masala is a gravy dish made with paneer tikka. Paneer tikka masala is usually served with naan or rice.
4 different super easy ways of making tandoori paneer tikka.
Cooking tandoori paneer tikka in the oven it still is a serious thing for many people in India. They are like helloooo!! Tandoori Paneer Tikka at home without a tandoor? In the home Oven?? In a Pan? In a Panini maker? Is it even possible?
Yes, people are so sensitive about Paneer dishes, especially the tandoori ones.
For many folks, it has to be just perfect the way they get in the restaurants. Many of my friends have been asking about this recipe for a long time, so here I am with 4 tikka roasting options for those who want a foolproof recipe.
I know no one wants to mess up a tikka dish, that’s is why this fail-proof recipe is for you. And trust me, these simple hacks can really make your cooking experience way easier. 🙂
If you like paneer dishes, then you would also like to check out these amazing recipes: paneer khurchan, , , , and .
What is the ideal texture and taste of paneer tikka?
In a perfect paneer tikka dish, paneer cubes have to be little crispy and charred on the outer surface. This charring gives that exotic smokiness in the dish.
From inside it has to be silky, light, soft, and melt-in-mouth. Each and every piece of tikka has to be thoroughly marinated so that you get all the flavors well.
How to marinate paneer for BBQ?
First, you make the marinade by combining the thick curd or hung curd as a tenderizer (full cream Greek or Turkish yogurt would work too), ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, black salt, garam masala, pepper powder, mustard oil, chaat masala, and gram flour.
I have added gram flour/ besan to the marinade because it helps in coating the paneer well. Beat it until smooth. Now add Kasuri methi, lemon juice to the mixture and mix well again. Add paneer and mix gently to coat the paneer well with the marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Skewer it. Your marinated paneer is ready for grilling.
How to make Tandoori Paneer Tikka in at home?
Making paneer tikka at home is very simple and easy. For this recipe, I have cooked the tikka in 4 ways (oven, pan, grill, panini maker). This is how you can make your restaurant style paneer tikka recipe at home.
Step 1: Cut paneer into cubes, onion into petals, & dice capsicum
Step 2: Prepare marinade
Step 3: Marinate the paneer and vegetables
Step 4: Thread paneer and veggies in a skewer
(Cook paneer tikka in a pan/tawa. Bake paneer tikka in an oven. Grill paneer tikka in a panini or sandwich maker. Grill paneer tikka in an open grill.)
How to make Tandoori Paneer Tikka in the oven?
For making it in oven simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Pre-heat oven & arrange skewers on a baking pan
Step 2: Bake for 15 minutes
Step 3: Broil on high for 1-2 minutes
Step 4: Remove the pan with the skewers out of the oven. Done.
Isn’t it fairly simple and quick?
You can check out detailed recipe in the recipe box on this page.
How to make Tandoori Paneer Tikka in a Grill?
Grilling on a disposable grill:
Step 1: Brush skewer with oil.
Step 2: Then grill the tikkas till char and cooked through.
Grilling In A Panini/ Sandwich Maker:
Step 1: Brush the grill plates lightly with oil.
Step 2: Place the tikka skewers and grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
How to make Tandoori Paneer Tikka In a pan (tawa)?
Step 1: Lightly brush a tawa with oil.
Step 2: Place the tikka skewers and grill until juices run clear.
Step 3: For the char perfection, place roasted tikka on a papad roaster. Done.
You can check out all these cooking methods in the recipe box on this page.
How to cook paneer tikka?
Paneer tikka can be cooked on the stove top using a tawa or grill pan. It can also be grilled using an open grill, or panini maker. It can also be baked and then broiled in an oven.
How to make paneer tikka in a microwave? Can I make Paneer Tikka in Microwave oven?
Yes, you can. Marinade the paneer. Thread onto a wooden skewer. Brush all the sides with some oil. Arrange it on a greased microwavable plate. Microwave uncovered on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip and microwave again on high for 2-3 minutes and serve.
Tandoori Paneer Tikka On Tawa/ Pan:
This easy and quick Tandoori Paneer Tikka Tandoori Paneer Tikka Recipe – 4 Ways ( in The Oven, Tawa, Grill) shows, how you can smartly dazzle your guests by making this best-loved party starter at home — it can quickly and simply be made using a simple non-stick tava/tawa, or a grill pan. And that too, with the same charred perfection you get in the tandoori tikka.
Tips and tricks on how to make restaurant style paneer tikka at home:
- There are many ways to cook paneer tikka at home. You can cook this tandoori paneer tikka on the grill, in a tandoor, in a pan or the oven.
- The paneer should be soft, succulent, and thoroughly cooked. But do not overcook the paneer tikka. Or else, the paneer will become almost like chewy like rubber, and it would not be very appetizing.
- Let it marinate at least 30 minutes. If you have some extra time, you can always marinade the vegetable and paneer for 2 hours or even longer if you want. The longer it sits in the marinade, the more it absorbs the flavors from the marinade.
- I have used onion and bell peppers for this recipe, but you can also add tomato, baby corn, zucchini, and mushroom.
- Do not forget to add besan (gram flour) to the marinade, this step would ensure that the paneer and veggies would coat well and they will stick to the pan.
- Paneer tikka becomes dry while baking and grilling, so make sure to brush tikkas with a sufficient amount of oil.
- Try to use a non-stick tawa if cooking in a pan. This prevents it from sticking to the bottom.
You may also like Other MGGK Paneer Recipes:
Tandoori Paneer Tikka (Oven, Tawa, Grill, Panini Maker) (Step-by-step photo instructions)
- Slice the ends off your onions, then cut them in the quarter.
- Pull out each layer, and you will have the onion petals. Set it aside.
- Slice the ends off your capsicums, then deseed and dice them into 1-inch quarters. Keep it aside.
- Cut paneer into 1-inch cubes, set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the hung curd, red chili powder, chaat masala powder, black salt, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, besan, and mustard oil.
- Mix everything well to combine.
- Now, add the kasuri methi, lemon juice and mix well to combine.
- Then add paneer cubes, onion petals and diced capsicum to it.
- Toss the paneer and veggies gently until coated well.
- Cover the paneer and veggies mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate. You can marinate them for up to 1-2 hours.
- After that, thread paneer, onions, capsicum alternating onto the skewers and discard marinade. (If using wooden skewers, then soak them in the water for at least 2 hours.)
#1 How To Roast Paneer Tikka On Tawa/ Pan:
- Lightly brush a tawa/grilling with oil.
- When the tawa is hot, place the tikka skewers on it.
- Grill until juices run clear, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- For the char perfection, place roasted tikka on a papad roaster, and let it cook for 1 minute on each side. (You can also put it over direct flame for 30 seconds on each side.)
#2 How To Grill In An Oven:
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C/ 430° F 10 minutes. Arrange skewers on a baking pan, and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take out the skewer. Turn on the broiler settings on high. Broil tikka on highest settings for 1-2 minutes or till the paneer has a light char on the surface.
- Carefully remove the roasting pan with the skewers out of the oven.
#3 How To Grill In A Panini/ Sandwich Maker:
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Brush the grill plates lightly with oil.
- Once hot, place the tikka skewers and grill until juices run clear, or they are perfectly charred on the surface. It would take about 3-4 minutes on each side.
#4 How To Grill on a disposable grill:
- Brush skewer with oil. Then grill the tikkas till char and cooked through.
- Arrange skewers on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with some chaat masala powder and squeeze with a splash of lemon juice. Serve immediately with sliced onions and Mint coriander chutney.