Learn to make Cauliflower Naan Pizza | Curried Potato Cauliflower Topped Naan Pizza with an easy step-by-step video tutorial. Everyone knows about Naan pizzas, I mean they are so common everywhere. People just love to call them “Naanizza”.Naan Pizza is the amazing blend of Indian flavors in an Italian way. A naan as a pizza crust and curried cauliflower and potatoes as a topping serves to be an amazing dinner recipe.
OH. MY. GOSH.
I am so so happy to share thisCauliflower Naan Pizza | Curried Potato Cauliflower Topped Naan Pizza with you all today. For us Indians this is a divine pizza is whole meal, because this has naan and caulifower potato curry aka aloo gobi ki sabji. What else can we ask for? All my Indian friends would agree with me here. 🙂
So let’s start this Monday with Naanizza or Naan Pizza! Whatever the name be, this dish is absolutely full of delish flavors.
Ah, pizza! It has to be one of the world’s most favorite foods. You could clearly see my excitement over this naan pizza. I mean who doesn’t like pizza. Let’s face it, pizza is awesome no matter what. Everyone eats and LOVES pizza. That said, almost everyone loves to eat pizza.
Naan and pizza don’t need any description. Everyone knows about Naan pizzas, I mean they are so common everywhere. People just love to call them “Naanizza”.
Today I present you a Spicy Naanizza! Yes, I said spicy! You know that I love spicy food. Can you say it’s the best Monday meal ever?
I would say this is a perfect pizza for Monday dinners. Well, nothing can really go wrong with a great pizza. And homemade pizzas are just great.
Am I trying to combine 3 of my favorite recipes in one? Well, everyone who makes Naanizza does that. I am sure you will appreciate this pizza because it is loaded with lots of deliciousness.
Is there anyone who thinks he/she doesn’t like a quick, handy meal. At least I haven’t met anyone who thinks that, yet! 🙂
So I also combined these 3 of my favorites in one meal! Could there be anything more delish than this? I bet nothing can beat this.
You know I love spicy food. And this Indian-style pizza is perfect for spice lovers. If your taste buds also crave for spicy food like mine, then you simply can’t avoid this charmer here.
And yes, this charmer has a beautiful name, ‘Curried Potato Cauliflower Topped Naan Pizza’. I wish you could see my excitement over this curried pizza. It’s so amazingly good — so yummy!!
Though I love the mozzarella, yet the curry is still my favorite part of this pizza. Cauliflower curry, cheese, and naan base go incredibly well together. And when topped with crunchy onions, fresh cilantro, and crushed pepper — this is a killer. Well, I would love to call it ‘PERFECTO’, in the Italian way.
The pizza is really pretty simple and quick to assemble. The only thing you really have to make is the dough and the cauliflower potato curry. If you want to make it quick, you can use store-bought naan for this.
Also, you can make naans with curry a day before and make pizza the next day for lunch or dinner. AWESOME, isn’t it?
I prefer to make my own naan, and anyways making homemade naan is as easy as making cake, literally. I promise that you would just love making your own Naans; they are kinda fun.
Making curry is also very easy. This curry is just so amazing. It takes this pizza to a whole new level.
OH! And the cheese goes amazingly well. I am a big fan of mozzarella cheese, that’s why I simply loaded it on this ‘naan pizza’ or ‘Naanizza‘.
There is naan, there is curry and there is pizza. I can say this is the best Monday meal ever!
Because it’s delicious too, there’s plenty to love about this droolicious quick and flavorful pizza.
Naan Pizza is the amazing blend of Indian flavors in an Italian way. A naan as a pizza crust and curried cauliflower and potatoes as a topping serves to be an amazing dinner recipe.
You know ‘Why’? Because of Y’s:
- This is crispY.
- This is nummY.
- This is crunchY.
- This is spicY.
- This is tastY.
Cauliflower Naan Pizza | Curried Potato Cauliflower Topped Naan Pizza combines delicious pieces of curried cauliflower and potatoes, spiced up with lots of spices. A tomato based pizza sauce adds a nice tang, and it’s all finished-off with some sliced onions and fresh cilantro.
This spicy Naan Pizza is a whole Indian meal on a slice. You will simply taste some of the most heavenly flavors on this pizza slice.
AND the dough!!!! It makes an awesome naan. PLUS it’s eggless! 🙂
I bet, once you make this homemade naan you wouldn’t ever buy store bought naans again. So try this out and you will know for yourself.
One more benefit is that there is no butter. I have only added OLIVE OIL to the dough. So it’s healthier too!
You can call it a snack or a meal. Everyone would just love these adorable slices. And it has all the qualities to make it fade away in a flash. Believe me, the mixed aroma of this naan wouldn’t let you sleep if you won’t taste it.
And by tasting I mean, EATING a whole pizza. It’s so finger-licking good. So it wouldn’t last long anyway.
A quick quality weeknight dinner paired with a glass of red wine, and you are all set for a classic Indo-Italian dinner. Just turn on your favorite soft music, and get lost in a world full of dreams.
One Naan base is ideal for a single serving. Don’t forget to sprinkle the mighty crushed red pepper of course.
Here are CERTAIN truths about this Naan Pizza. It is very good for a CHANGE. It is CRISPY. It is CRUNCHY. It has CAULIFLOWER. It has everything to CHARGE you up!
I know, I know you are getting impatient, so let’s learn to make this Naan Pizza.
1. In a bowl, dissolve the dry yeast, sugar, salt, oil with 3/4 cup warm water. Let it sit until it’s frothy, it would take about 10 minutes.
2. Take a large bowl, and sift the flour into a large, deep bowl.
3. Add milk to the yeast mixture. Pour this mixture into the large flour bowl. Knead well until the dough comes together.
4. Don’t worry if the dough is sticky. This would make a nice soft naan. The dough should be sticky.
5. Cover the dough with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel and let it sit in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours.
6. At this stage, the dough will be extremely soft and sticky.
7. This is good! If the dough is hard to manage and sticks to hand too much then use a little bit of oil on hand and then punch into the dough. Separate the dough into 4-8 equal portions.
8. Set oven to broil on high.
9. Now lightly roll each one in the extra flour to keep them from sticking to each other.
10. Roll each piece of dough into a teardrop shape using a rolling pin.
11. Repeat this method with the rest of the dough.
12. Place the rolled naan on a baking tray.
13. Place this tray on an upper rack into the oven. Flip it after 2 mins. And let it cook for another one minute.
14. If you are having this naan with curry, you can brush it with a bit of butter.
15. Place the naan in a tea towel-lined dish. Repeat the same process with rest of the dough balls and serve.
16. But here, we will not apply butter as this one will be used as a pizza base.
For Cauliflower Curry:
1. Add cauliflower florets and potatoes to a pan.
2. Add enough water and some salt to it, and let it boil for 5-7 minutes. Drain water and set aside.
3. Heat oil in another pan. Add asafetida, bay leaf, and cumin seeds.
4. When seeds start to crackle add chopped onions and saute till they turn light brown.
5. Add crushed ginger and crushed garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
6. Now add boiled cauliflower florets, potatoes, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and garam masala powder.
7. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Add lemon juice and Kasuri methi and mix well.
9. Cook covered for another 2 minutes and remove from heat.
10. Curry is ready. You can have this curry with the naans you have prepared.
1. Spread pizza sauce evenly over naan.
2. Sprinkle garlic powder and some pizza spice mix.
3. Top with cauliflower curry. Top with cheese.
4. Preheated oven to 375° F.
5. Place prepared Naan on a baking tray in the and bake pizza in the oven 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is totally melted, and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven.
6. Top with sliced onion and cilantro, and sprinkle some crushed red pepper.
7. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #mggk
Happy Cooking and Keep Sharing! 🙂