Indian Style Curried Potato Cauliflower Naan Pizza
Learn to make Curried Potato Cauliflower Topped Naan Pizza with step-by-step video tutorial. This is an amazing blend of Indian flavors in an Italian way.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/curried-potato-cauliflower-topped-naan-pizza/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 40 minutes
Total Time = 50 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 3
Nutrition Info = 350 calories
Serving Size = 1 Large Pizza
» For Naan //
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teasooon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Warm water to knead the dough
- Some extra flour for rolling
» For Cauliflower Curry //
- cauliflower florets
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of asafetida
» For Pizza //
- 2 cups aloo gobi (cauliflower potato curry)
- 3 large naan
- 1/4 cup onion rings
- 5 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon pizza spices mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
» Making Naan:
- In a bowl, dissolve the dry yeast, sugar, salt, oil with 3/4 cup warm water. Let it sit until it's frothy, it would take about 10 minutes.
- Take a large bowl, and sift the flour into a large, deep bowl.
- Add milk to the yeast mixture. Pour this mixture into the large flour bowl. Knead well until the dough comes together.
- Don?t worry if the dough is sticky. This would make a nice soft naan. The dough should be sticky.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel and let it sit in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours.
- At this stage, the dough will be extremely soft and sticky.
- This is good! If the dough is hard to manage and sticks to hand too much then use a little bit of oil on hand and then punch into the dough. Separate the dough into 4-8 equal portions.
- Set oven to broil on high.
- Now lightly roll each one in the extra flour to keep them from sticking to each other.
- Roll each piece of dough into a teardrop shape using a rolling pin.
- Repeat this method with the rest of the dough.
- Place the rolled naan on a baking tray.
- Place this tray on an upper rack into the oven. Flip it after 2 mins. And let it cook for another minute.
- If you are having this naan with curry, you can brush it with a bit of butter.
- Place the naan in a tea towel-lined dish. Repeat the same process with the rest of the dough balls and serve.
- But here, we will not apply butter as this one will be used as a pizza base.
» Making Cauliflower Potato Curry:
- Add cauliflower florets and potatoes to a pan.
- Add enough water and some salt to it, and let it boil for 5-7 minutes. Drain water and set aside.
- Heat oil in another pan. Add asafetida, bay leaf, and cumin seeds.
- When seeds start to crackle add chopped onions and saute till they turn light brown.
- Add crushed ginger and crushed garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Now add boiled cauliflower florets, potatoes, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and garam masala powder.
- Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and Kasuri methi and mix well.
- Cook covered for another 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Curry is ready. You can have this curry with the naans you have prepared.
» Making Curried Potato Cauliflower Naan Pizza:
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over naan.
- Sprinkle garlic powder and some pizza spice mix.
- Layer with cauliflower curry. Top with cheese.
- Preheated oven to 375° F.
- Place prepared Naan on a baking tray and bake pizza in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is totally melted, and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Top with sliced onion and cilantro, and sprinkle some crushed red pepper. Slice and serve!
- You can also top Curried Potato Cauliflower Naan Pizza with some spiced yogurt or raita.