How To Make Aloo Matar Dry Sabji | Sookha Aloo Matar Recipe | Potato Peas Stir Fry recipe with step-by-step photos. Potato Peas Stir Fry / Aloo Matar (आलू मटर) is a quick, spicy, and tangy north Indian recipe. It is very easy to make. Potato Peas Stir Fry is prepared with boiled potatoes, green peas, and spices. Adding fresh green peas gives this preparation a lovely color and a great taste. This goes perfect as a lunch recipe.
How To Make Aloo Matar Dry Sabji | Sookha Aloo Matar Recipe | Potato Peas Stir Fry
Aloo Matar Dry Sabji | Sookha Aloo Matar | Aloo Matar ki Sookhi Sabji is one of my favorites since my childhood. This gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan sabji is one of the quickest aloo matar recipes, which can be ready under 15 minutes if potatoes are pre-boiled.
My mom often used to keep boiled potatoes in the fridge, and in the mornings she used to cook something with the boiled potatoes. I just Iove potatoes in any form, you just give me a potato dish and I would be the happiest person in the whole wide world.
Related: Potato Stuffed Bread Pakora
So my Mom made me happy often by packing this dry sabji in my lunch box along with parathas. Childhood was indeed the best time.
I make this sookhi sabji often for my lunch box to re-live those wonderful memories. And whenever I make this sookhi aloo matar I make aloo ki rasewali sabji too. Because there is no such thing as too much potato. Isn’t it?:)
Potato is known as ‘Aloo’ and Green Peas are known as ‘Matar’ in Hindi. This is a very quick sabji recipe. It has onions, and ginger-garlic, but you can completely omit it make it a ‘No onion garlic’ recipe. This would still taste awesome.
This everyday Potato Peas Stir Fry (Aloo Matar) can easily be made with the basic ingredients available in the kitchen. And this sabji can be ready in under 1o minutes if potatoes are boiled.
Related: Potato Onion Curry Recipe
You may also like these potato recipes I have shared on my blog:
Let’s learn to make Potato Peas Stir Fry in 7 easy to understand quick steps.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and asafetida.
- When the seeds to splutter, add chopped onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add crushed ginger-garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add green peas, salt and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes along with coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, dried mango powder, and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp water, and mix well. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 more minutes.(Keep stirring occasionally)
- You Potato Peas Stir Fry is ready. Serve hot with any bread of your choice.