Tandoori Paneer Tikka (Oven, Tawa, Grill, Panini Maker)
Learn to make Restaurant style Tandoori Paneer Tikka recipe with video instructions in 4 ways using oven, pan, grill and panini maker. A perfect appetizer.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/tandoori-paneer-tikka/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 40 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 60 minutes
Category = Starter
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 5 skewers
Nutrition Info = 225 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» Main Ingredients For Paneer Tikka:
- 400 grams paneer
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled
- 2 medium sized capsicum
» Marinade for paneer tikka:
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder (preferably use kashmiri red chili powder, it gives nice color and it?s not too spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons besan (gram flour)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil (you can use any other oil of your choice)
- 2 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
» For serving:
- Green coriander chutney
- Chaat masala powder
- Lemon wedges
- Onion slices
» Cutting Veggies:
- Slice the ends off your onions, then cut them in the quarter.
- Pull out each layer, and you will have the onion petals. Set it aside.
- Slice the ends off your capsicums, then deseed and dice them into 1-inch quarters. Keep it aside.
- Cut paneer into 1-inch cubes, set it aside.
» Make Marinade:
- In a mixing bowl, add the hung curd, red chili powder, chaat masala powder, black salt, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, besan, and mustard oil.
- Mix everything well to combine.
- Now, add the kasuri methi, lemon juice and mix well to combine.
- Then add paneer cubes, onion petals and diced capsicum to it.
- Toss the paneer and veggies gently until coated well.
- Cover the paneer and veggies mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate. You can marinate them for up to 1-2 hours.
- After that, thread paneer, onions, capsicum alternating onto the skewers and discard marinade. (If using wooden skewers, then soak them in the water for at least 2 hours.)
» #1 How To Roast Paneer Tikka On Tawa/ Pan:
- Lightly brush a tawa/grilling with oil.
- When the tawa is hot, place the tikka skewers on it.
- Grill until juices run clear, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- For the char perfection, place roasted tikka on a papad roaster, and let it cook for 1 minute on each side. (You can also put it over direct flame for 30 seconds on each side.)
» #2 How To Grill In An Oven:
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C/ 430° F 10 minutes. Arrange skewers on a baking pan, and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take out the skewer. Turn on the broiler settings on high. Broil tikka on highest settings for 1-2 minutes or till the paneer has a light char on the surface.
- Carefully remove the roasting pan with the skewers out of the oven.
» #3 How To Grill In A Panini/ Sandwich Maker:
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Brush the grill plates lightly with oil.
- Once hot, place the tikka skewers and grill until juices run clear, or they are perfectly charred on the surface. It would take about 3-4 minutes on each side.
» #4 How To Grill on a disposable grill:
- Brush skewer with oil. Then grill the tikkas till char and cooked through.
- Arrange skewers on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with some chaat masala powder and squeeze with a splash of lemon juice. Serve immediately with sliced onions and Mint coriander chutney.
- We need solid paneer cubes for making tikkas, so always use the firm paneer, which is not crumbly.
- You can swap Kashmiri chili Powder with paprika.
- You can substitute hung curd with full cream Turkish yogurt or Greek yogurt.
- Always soak wooden skewers in water for at least 2 hours prior to use.