Learn to make Vegetarian Recipe Rajma Tikki – Kidney Beans Cutlets recipe with step-by-step photo tutorial — Rajma Tikki makes a wonderful breakfast/snack. Basically, Rajma Tikkis are cutlets, prepared with rajma, boiled potatoes, crushed bread, and spices, and they are full of protein.
What is Rajma Tikki?
Rajma Tikki is a hearty, satisfying, and veggie Indian spicy snack. Rajma tikkis are firs shallow-fried and then baked in the oven. This double cooking process gives a perfectly crispy outer layer and melt-in-mouth inner texture.
Basically, this rajma tikkis are cutlets, prepared with rajma, boiled potatoes, crushed bread, and spices, and they are full of protein. Rajma Tikki makes a wonderful breakfast/snack.
Rajma Tikkis can be eaten simply as a breakfast/snack, or you can use them as a patty for your wrap or sandwich. Rajma tikkis are very easy to make, and they have a very deliciously unique & exotic flavor.
Popular North Indian Snack
Tikki is a North Indian snack usually made out of boiled potatoes, peas, onions and some spices.
The literal translation of tikki is cutlets or croquette. Tikki is always served hot or warm along with some tamarind chutney and coriander chutney.
Related: Aloo Tikki Burger
You can also make rajma tikki chaat:
Tikki chaats are made with tikkis, chickpeas curry, green chutney, tamarind chutney, onions, yogurt, and spices.These tikkis can also be served as a burger patty. to make rajma tikki chaat, serve this rajma tikki along with the above ingredients.
Related: Chana Dal Red Cabbage Tikki
You can make Rajma Tikki Burger
To make a burger out of this rajma tikki, you can simply arrange this tikki on the bottom of bun, top with lettuce, cheese slice, layer with mayonnaise and tomato ketchup and served with the buns and tomato, onions and lettuce. TADA — the most incredible protein rich veggie burger is ready.
Related: Sizzling Mushroom Tikki – Mushroom Cutlet
Some important tips:
- I have used plain boiled kidney beans for these tikkis, but you can also use canned kidney beans for this recipe.
- I used bread slices for making tikkis, but you can replace them with breadcrumbs.
- I shallow fried these tikkis, but you also can deep-fry. However, if you don’t like fried food, then feel free to bake them.
- I have added whole grain bread, but feel free to add any other bread of your choice.
Let’s learn to make Rajma Tikki in 8 easy to understand quick steps.
Preheat oven to 150° Celsius. Take a large mixing bowl.
3. Add crushed bread, cooked rajma, mashed potato, chopped onions, chopped green chilies, powdered bread slices, ginger-garlic paste, salt, cumin seeds, red chili powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala, amchur powder, and chopped coriander leaves.
4. Mix everything to combine well.
5. Divide this mixture into 6-7 portions.
6. Shape each portion into small rounds balls, and flatten them to make Tikki. Roll the Tikkis in corn flour.
7. Heat 4 Tbsp oil in a pan lightly fry tikkis from both sides.
8. Remove fried tikkis from and drain onto an absorbent paper.
9. Arrange Rajma tikkis on a lined baking tray in oven 8-10 minutes, or until they are golden and cooked through.
10. Remove Rajma Tikki from the oven.
11. Serve these Rajma Tikkis hot with any of your favorite chutneys and drinks. Enjoy!
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #mggk
Happy Cooking and Keep Sharing! 🙂