Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Red Cabbage Stuffed Paratha!
Red Cabbage Stuffed Paratha is a delicious Indian flatbread stuffed with scrumptious cabbage stuffing with onions, and a mix of spices. Red Cabbage Paratha is a uniquely flavorful flatbread and comes with goodness of shredded red cabbage. This is an easy & healthy dish to prepare, which makes it a great breakfast. This Red Cabbage Paratha is a quick & tasty breakfast recipe, and best enjoyed with any raita, chutney or pickle.
Let’s learn to cook Red Cabbage Stuffed Paratha in easy to understand quick steps.
Ingredients for dough:
- wheat flour – 2ups
- pinch of salt
- oil for roasting paratha
Ingredients for stuffing:
- red cabbage, shredded – 1 cup
- onion, finely chopped – 1
- coriander leaves
- garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- ginger-garlic, crushed – 1 tbsp
- green chili, chopped – 1
- salt as per taste
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- pinch of asafetida
- olive oil – 2 tbsp
- gram flour – 2 tbsp
Method for the dough:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add flour, and salt, along with enough water.
- And knead to make a semi-soft dough. Cover with cling film and keep aside.
Method For the stuffing:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, and asafetida. When seeds start to crackle, add chopped onions to it. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Now add chopped green chilies, and crushed ginger-garlic to it.
- Mix well and saute for 2 minutes. Now add chopped red cabbage, salt, red chili powder, and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add gram flour, dried mango powder, and garam masala powder to it.
- Mix well and cook for 6-7 minutes. Remove the stuffing from the pan and set aside to cool.
Method for parathas:
- Divide the dough into 6-8 equal sized balls.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 4″ diameter. Apply a little oil, and place 1 tbsp of prepared stuffing at the center of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly. Roll out again into a circle of 6″ diameter with the help of some flour.
- Heat a pan. Roast rolled circles from both sides. Apply a little oil on both sides, and roast until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make more parathas. Serve hot with your favorite pickle and raita. Enjoy!
Camera: Nikon D7100
Lens: Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens
Setup: Used natural sunlight coming from left, and a reflector on the right side of the frame.
Props & Styling: I placed my food on a pan, and added a pizza cutter and a dark green table cloth for styling on a white background.
Angle: I clicked these photos with 90°, 70°, 45°, 50°.
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.