Chocolate Covered Grapes are luscious, scrumptious, and delicious treats.
They are super simple to make, look very appealingly appetizing, and the taste is beyond the word deliciousness — a true delight for sweet lovers.
All you need is 10 minutes of your time and a show-stopper snack for any type of party is ready.
Well if you ask me, you do not really have to wait for the party to make these. I and my family can gorge on these tiny treats any time of the year. So, you can do the same. :)
Just try these darn good chocolate covered grapes and I am certain that these would become your new favorite healthy dessert.
What are Chocolate Covered Grapes?
Chocolate covered grapes are easy and delicious treats or snacks made with grapes, chocolate, and some toppings.
These Chocolate Covered Grapes are perfect to serve at your parties or get-togethers, not only because these individual grape goodies look like pretty exquisite and embellished small grapes, but also they are finger-licking too.
The assemblage of these chocolate covered grapes would certainly shine any dessert/snack table. And necessary for any wine party because these ornamented chocolate-coated grapes have everything you crave with wine.
You would worship these chocolate covered grapes if:
✓ You love to relish grapes.
✓ You enjoy eating fruits.
✓ You are a sweet-toothed person.
✓ You love chocolates.
✓ You love sweets but are afraid of calories.
✓ You adore tiny assorted treats & goodies.
Basically, if you adore any chocolate-covered fruits such as strawberries, pineapples, bananas, or apples, then you would definitely love these grapes.
What are the ingredients needed to make chocolate covered grapes?
Chocolate covered grapes are simply made with only 3 ingredients, and these ingredients are:
- Any type of grapes
- Any type of chocolate
- Any type of toppings
Can I refrigerate chocolate grapes?
Yes, you can. I simply refrigerated grapes, but you can surely freeze these chocolate grapes.
To freeze, first arrange grapes in a single layer on a parchment-lined tray. Freeze for 2-3 hours. Then coat in chocolate and freeze again. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container. Enjoy them anytime you want.
When to serve chocolate-covered grapes?
Chocolate covered grapes can be devoured anytime. They make a perfect snack, treat for brunch, breakfast, or as an after-meal dessert.
The remarkable thing about this snack is that you can make them ahead of time. Also, you can make plenty of these gourmet desserts in just no time. All you need to do is dip them in chocolate and let them set. That’s it!
Other topping options for chocolate covered grapes are:
- Roasted salted almonds, crushed
- Roasted walnuts, crushed
- Roasted salted cashews, crushed
- Dried berries (crushed or powdered)
- Sea salt
- Sugar pearls
How to make chocolate covered grapes?
It is quite simple to whip up these low-calories grape goodies. This is how you do it in simple 6 steps:
Step 1: Rinse and thoroughly dry grapes.
Step 2: Melt chocolate.
Step 3: Insert a toothpick into each grape.
Step 4: Dip each grape in the melted chocolate.
Step 5: Top each chocolate-coated grape with the toppings.
Step 6: Refrigerate & enjoy!
Important tips & variations to make chocolate covered grapes:
- Make sure to rinse and dry grapes well completely before dipping them in the chocolate. This would ensure that the chocolate would coat to the grapes well.
- I use green grapes for this recipe, but you can use any grapes of your choice.
- Try using plump, seedless, firm, sweet, and juicy grapes. They taste best here.
- About chocolate, you can use any eating chocolate, even the ones with the nuts and dried fruits. Simply melt it and then coat your grapes with the melted chocolate.
- To make grape kebabs, you can also skewer 4-5 grapes in a large wooden skewer, and then dip them into the chocolate. They are a hit at parties.
- Other than chocolate, you can also choose salted caramel, toffee sauce for dipping grapes.
- For melting chocolate, you can either melt it in the microwave or use a double boiler method.
- I used salted crushed peanuts, toasted coconut, chocolate nibs, and sugar pearls for toppings. But you can use any of your favorite toppings.
- You can add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or butter to each chocolate while melting. This would give you a firm coating.
- For an interesting presentation, you can also dip the small bunch of grapes entirely in chocolate.
Easy Chocolate Covered Grapes (Step-by-step photo instructions)
- Rinse grapes and let them dry completely. Put toothpicks into the grapes. Now, chill them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Line 2 trays with parchment paper and keep them aside.
Melt chocolate //
- Break each chocolate into pieces, and transfer them to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high for 1 minute or until melted. Keep stirring at 30-second intervals. Alternatively, place the chocolate in a small double boiler and heat until fully melted. It would take about 5 minutes.
How To Make Chocolate Covered Grapes //
- Dip the grapes in the chocolate and shake off the excess chocolate.
- Top with your favorite toppings. Repeat until all the grapes are used.
- Arrange them on the lined tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Alternatively, dip grapes entirely in the chocolate and then place them on the lined tray in a single layer. After that, drizzle them with melted chocolate. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set.
- They taste best when served cold. These stay firm, and fresh in the refrigerator.