White Chocolate Coconut Truffles are silky, smooth, rich, creamy, luxurious, melt-in-mouth treats with coconut coating. These coconut truffles with a seductive combination of coconut and white chocolate are easy to make at home. Can you believe these melt-in-your-mouth white chocolate coconut truffles are made from only 5 ingredients!
Making these coconut truffles is a piece of cake. Can you resist this irresistible combination of coconut and white chocolate? I just can’t.
These creamy white chocolate coconut truffles are quick and easy to make and make a perfect edible Christmas gift for white chocolate fans.
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to SAVE IT for later!
Follow My Ginger Garlic Kitchen on Pinterest for even more great ideas and deliciously appealing recipes!
“You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have for instance.” – Franklin P. Jones
Happy Children’s Day to you all. Because I believe every grown-up has a child-self which is often hidden somewhere deep inside. So let’s celebrate that child inside us and bring him/her out for today.
To take this further, I have a set of questions for you today.
Do you love white winter? Do you love white chocolate? Do you love coconut? Do you love truffles/snowballs? If you nodded ‘yes’ to any of the above questions then these truffles are calling your name. Calling out all the coconut lovers here.
Coconut truffles, so smooth, delicious, melt-in-mouth desserts with coconut coating. You can make this simple yet exotic dessert by using condensed milk or milk powder and butter, or by using white chocolate as I do. White chocolate gives it a silky smooth texture and it tastes just delicious.
How do these Chocolate Coconut Truffles taste?
If there is any such thing as chocolate heaven then these quick and easy-to-make white chocolate truffles could be the best thing you will find there. They are so silky and so chocolate-rich.
I love to use unsweetened desiccated coconut because it creates a perfect balance with the sweet white chocolate. To make these, you just need to melt the mixture of chocolate and whipping cream, combine it with the desiccated coconut. Then roll small amounts into balls, stuff with nuts. Roll again and dip in unsweetened coconut for that alluring snowball look.
How Do you make White Chocolate Coconut Truffles Recipe?
Prepare the mixture by melting chocolate and mixing dry ingredients. Refrigerate and quickly roll them into balls. Done.
Coconut oil can be added:
You can also add some coconut oil for that extra coconutty flavor. And they will not melt and will stay solid at room temperature. Else don’t use any oil and butter and keep them in the refrigerator as I did.
You can also make the grown-up version by adding some liqueur:
You know we have a 4-year-old at home and it’s really hard to hide truffles from her. So just to be on a safer side, I don’t add any liquor to my truffles. But if you don’t have any little ones and have no problems in adding liqueur, then I would recommend you to add about 2 tbsp coconut liqueur. It just tastes out of this world. And if you eat some more, you might feel yourself being out of this world too. 😉
White chocolate is more heat sensitive than the dark one, so don’t heat it on full power in the microwave for a long time. Start with 1 minute, then continue with 20-second intervals. Take it out from the microwave between each interval and stir to even out the heat. However, if you are not comfortable in melting chocolate in the microwave, then you can surely use the traditional way of a double boiler.
Chocolate Coconut Truffles are adaptable:
These truffles can make a beautiful romantic dessert for the two of you. They can shine your holiday dessert with so much of elegance and wintery mood.
Maybe you will prefer them wrapping into the holiday gift boxes because they will make a great homemade treat for any holiday season.
Guzzling them down is as simple as cake:
Enjoy them with this Classic Strawberry White Hot Chocolate or simply serve them up with a cup of Chocolate Almond Milk with Frothy Coffee to amaze your friends and family. I have never met anyone who doesn’t like coconut truffles unless he/she was allergic or hated coconut. If that’s the case with you, then I am sorry you will have to miss out on this deliciousness. But no worries, in the coming weeks I will be sharing so much more delicacies that you will certainly find your favorites there. 🙂
What are some tips for making the best White Chocolate Coconut Truffles?
- For making White Chocolate Coconut Truffles recipe, I have used desiccated coconut. Unsweetened shredded coconut helps in balancing out the already sweet white chocolate. However, you can substitute desiccated coconut with Unsweetened shredded coconut, or small flaked coconut.
- If you want to add a little booze to these truffles, then you can surely add about 2 Tbsp coconut liqueur, or coconut flavored tequila, coconut rum.
- I used microwave method for melting white chocolate here. So if you are also going for microwave method, then melt the chocolate carefully. Don’t put chocolate in microwave on high heat for a long time. Microwave the chocolate at high for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl and stir. Microwave it again for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir again. (You can microwave for 30 seconds more if the chocolate is not completely melted after stirring.)
- If you are not comfortable with microwave then you can opt for double boiler method. For double boiling, add 1 cup of water to a medium saucepan or pot and bring to a very gentle simmer. Place a heat-proof bowl on top of the pan while making sure that the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Stir occasionally with a spatula until smooth and completely melted. Remove the bowl from the heat. (If the chocolate starts to become too hard, just put the bowl back over the simmering water.)
- Use the best chocolate you can find: Always use the best quality white chocolate you can get your hands on for this recipe. Good chocolate makes the great truffles, and they melt quickly and smoothly, taste delicious.
- Always grease your palms before rolling the truffles, it really helps in shaping if your palms are greased. If you roll them with non-greased palms, they get pretty sticky.
- White Chocolate and Coconut Truffles are smooth, flavorful, delicious and easy to make at home. It is a perfect elegant dessert for a dinner in two, for holiday tables or friend gatherings and also can be a wonderful homemade gift idea. Everybody will love these, there is no doubt about that.
White Chocolate Coconut Truffles Recipe (Step-by-step photo instructions)
Melting Chocolate in Microwave:
- Add white chocolate and whipping cream to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate at high for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl and stir. Microwave it again for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir again. (You can microwave for 30 seconds more if the chocolate is not completely melted after stirring.)
Melting Chocolate in a Double Boiler:
- Add 1 cup of water to a medium saucepan or pot and bring to a very gentle simmer.
- Place a heat-proof bowl on top of the pan while making sure that the water doesn’t touch the bowl.
- Stir occasionally with a spatula until smooth and melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat. (If the chocolate starts to become too hard, just put the bowl back over the simmering water.)
Making White Chocolate Coconut Truffles:
- Add 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut and vanilla extract to the melted white chocolate bowl.
- Stir well until combined.
- Let it cool completely. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Take the chocolate mixture out of the fridge and unwrap the bowl.
- Scoop out small sections and form them into balls, adding a nut inside.
- Roll each ball in coconut.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Serve chilled. You can store truffles in the fridge in an airtight container for up 2 weeks.