Christmas Rocky Road | White Chocolate Rocky Road is one of the coolest of candies. This is a fantastic jumble of snowy white chocolate, almonds, dried cranberries, and gingerbread.
This festive and rich White chocolate Rocky Road is a classic for giving as gifts during the holidays. For making this no-bake dessert you only need to melt some chocolate first, then combine all the ingredients, spread it in a pan, and finally when it hardens slice it up in squares.
Wooohoo! It’s the last day of November, and it’s that time of the year again. The time when you need to take out your jingle.
Because, because, Christmas is coming up fast! And so does the Santa. And it’s just the perfect time when we can sing ‘Santa Claus is coming to town’. Well, it’s not me who started singing this — it’s Ado. She keeps singing this song these days!
I asked Ado what present does she want from Santa. Guess, what are the top items on her Christmas wish list?
She said: ’A puppy, a doggy, a pony and a man! 😉
Yes, she wants all these. Does that mean she wants a farm and a farmer to take care of her dear pets! 😉
Well, the real ones won’t be possible to get, but I will make sure she gets the best of the toys! And as far as the ‘man’ is concerned, dear Daddy might have to do some roleplay of a farmer. 😉
Did I tell you about Ado’s favorite toy? It’s a pony. Wherever she goes her pony goes with her. And she also has a ‘princess and pony’ bed, and she says that Ado is the princess and pony is her toy pony! 🙂 And we delightedly agree to that! She is such an adorable little princess! 🙂
As the Christmas is approaching, Ado demanded some Christmas chocolate. Her wish is my command! 🙂
I made this White Christmas Rocky Road on my princess’ ultimatum. So I am celebrating today with this AMAZING White Chocolate Christmas Rocky Road.
This White Chocolate Christmas Rocky Road is the perfect treat for you and your friends and family on these holidays.
These Rocky Road squares are fabulously festive and perfectly delicious — perfect to serve up to any guests this festive season. Perfect because not only do they taste great, but they are also super quick to prepare.
They are ultimate for cookie trays and gifts. They are also easier for kids to hold without the squares melting all over their little fingers. These squares are full of holy awesomeness!
Well, we all know how much I love chocolate. Chocolate is on my brain all the time. And this is also the time to enjoy gingerbread cookies and dried berries and nuts. So I combined all these amazing ingredients together.
They turned out seriously amazing. Plus it’s darn easy making them!
Mix up all that yumminess and chill. It’s the ideal homemade Christmas goodie — I think this rocky road should be in everyone’s life.
Melted white chocolate, gingerbread cookies, almonds, cranberries, and orange zest. Mix. Cool. Drizzle chocolate ganache. Top with sprinkles. DONE.
How long does it take to set a rocky road?
Making Rocky Road takes only five minutes of your effective time. However, you can only slice and eat Rocky Road when it’s hard, and Rocky Road takes 1-2 hours to set and harden up.
How long can you keep the rocky road in the fridge?
Rocky Road can be kept in the refrigerator for upto 2-3 weeks in an airtight container.
Should rocky road be kept in the fridge?
Rocky Road squares/bars stay fresh if stored in an airtight container in a cool place. They will keep fresh for upto one week. However, it is always a good idea to store them in the fridge, if it is warm outside.
Rocky road tastes best when they are not too chilled, so make sure that you let them sit at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Let’s make it now! 🙂
Melt chocolate in a microwave or double boiler. Take another bowl and add in the cranberries, melted white chocolate, gingerbread cookies, chopped almonds, gems chocolate and orange zest to it.
Stir with a spoon until completely combined. Line a dish with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the lined dish, and spread the mixture out to the corners.
Drizzle with chocolate ganache diagonally across the tray. And top with chocolate gems and sprinkles. Refrigerate this for at least 2 hours and cut into 6 squares. Enjoy!
Other dessert recipes:
You may also like these Christmas Dessert Recipes:
Christmas Rocky Road | White Chocolate Rocky Road Recipe (Step-by-step photo instructions)
Hor to Make Christmas Rocky Road //
- Put the broken chocolate pieces in a clean, dry microwave-safe bowl. Then melt chocolate in a microwave or double boiler. For Microwave Method, microwave the chocolate at high for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl and stir. Microwave it again for another 30 seconds. Remove and stir again. (You can microwave for 30 seconds more if the chocolate is not completely melted after stirring.)
- For Double Boiler Method, add 1 cup of water to a medium saucepan or pot and bring to a very gentle simmer. Place a heat-proof bowl on top of the pan so that the bottom of the bowl. Stir occasionally with a spatula until smooth and melted. (If the chocolate starts to become too hard, just put the bowl back over the simmering water.)
- Once melted, stir well.
- Take another bowl and add in the cranberries, melted white chocolate, gingerbread cookies, chopped almonds, gems chocolate and orange zest to it.
- Stir with a spoon until completely combined.
- Line a heat-proof pan/dish with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the lined dish, and spread the mixture out to the corners.
- Drizzle with chocolate ganache diagonally across the tray.
- Top with chocolate gems and sprinkles. Refrigerate this for at least 2 hours or let it sit at room temperature for about 3 to 4 hours, until hardened.
- Lift the hardened rocky road out of the pan, and remove the parchment paper.
- Slice your candy into small 6-8 squares using a sharp knife.
- Enjoy as a dessert or a snack.