Learn to make Holiday Fruit and Nut Ice Cream Recipe | Eggless Praline Ice Cream Recipe with step-by-step video instructions.
This delectable Holiday Fruit & Nut Cardamom flavored ice cream is swirled with creamy, sweet and salty nutty praline and candied fruits. If you ever wished you could eat candied fruits in an ice cream form, this is your chance.
Happy Wednesday, my friends!
Do you believe in the philosophy of celebrating each and every day in December? I certainly do. There are many reasons to love the month of December. Agreed? So if you also believe in what I just said, then we need to celebrate this day with some holiday ice-cream.
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to SAVE IT for later!
Follow My Ginger Garlic Kitchen on Pinterest for even more great ideas and deliciously appealing recipes!
Nobody needs an excuse to eat ice-cream:
I do agree that we don’t need to wait for the holiday season to enjoy ice-cream, right? But this one calls for a special treatment because this one is really special. I could even eat ice cream in the extremes of winter where it’s -25° C with 4 feet of snow on the ground. Yeah, ice-cream during winter is a different charm. Seriously, it’s the desire of the brave 😉
Related: Eggless Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream
No Christmas without this Holiday Ice Cream:
Holiday Fruit and Nut Ice Cream** — If you ever wished you could eat ‘candied fruits’** in an ice cream form, this is your chance. Cardamom flavored ice cream is swirled with creamy, sweet and salty nuts and candied fruits. This delectable **Holiday Fruit and Nut Ice Cream Recipe | Eggless Praline Ice Cream **has become a traditional treat at our home during Christmas times since last year.
This Holiday Fruit and Nut Ice Cream is Foolproof:
This pretty winter ice-cream is very much foolproof. You just have to mix everything together in one bowl and you’re done. And it needs churning if you are using an ice-cream machine. But hey, no matter which way you make it, you will love it.
And the good thing about this ice-cream is that it has nutty praline, so you don’t need any extra sauce or nuts for serving because this is just too good even without anything. And I would recommend you to eat it as such, to cherish the nutty and chewy texture and flavor.
Addition of orange liqueur can shine the flavors:
I did not add any alcohol for this as I have a little one who’s an ice-cream sucker. So if you are someone who loves boozy ice-cream then I would recommend you to use orange liqueur as the base for this one. This ice-cream has a lot of chewy nuts and fruits.
So be prepared to go on a chewy ice-cream journey. You can sure add lesser nuts but if I was you, I wouldn’t. Because nuts and fruits are the beauty of this Christmas/New year wintery ice-cream.
Related: Vegan Coconut Blueberry Ice-Cream
Simplicity is the mother of invention:
How to make Holiday Fruit and Nut Ice Cream?
It’s so basic – all it takes is about 50 minutes + 2 hours of freezing time to make if you are making it in an ice-cream machine. And only 15 minutes + 8 hours of freezing time, if you are making it no-churn. Either way, it would be delicious.
Related: No Churn Peach Blueberry Ice-Cream
Let’s learn to make Holiday Fruit and Nut Ice Cream Recipe | Eggless Praline Ice Cream Recipe
Other Ice Cream Recipes You May Like:
Fruit and Nut Ice Cream - Praline And Cream Ice Cream (Step-by-step photo instructions)
Making Butter Glazed Nuts:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Add butter, brown sugar, and salt to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave 2 minutes; stirring after each minute until sugar dissolves. Alternatively, you can also melt butter, and sugar in a double boiler.
- Pour butter over the nut mix and stir well to coat.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spread the buttered nut mix on the prepared tray.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Making Holiday Fruit and Nut Ice Cream:
- Place the whipping cream, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and cardamom into a large bowl.
- Whisk on medium speed for about 3-4 minutes or until smooth, and slightly thickened.
- Pour mixture into the container of an ice-cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add in the glazed nuts, and candied fruits.
- Fold gently, just until they’re all covered. Don’t over mix.
- Cover with cling film and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Scoop out ice-cream in a cup or cone.
- Enjoy with some gingerbread cookies or biscotti.