Fruit and Nut Ice Cream - Praline And Cream Ice Cream
This delectable Holiday Fruit Nut Cardamom flavored ice cream is swirled with creamy, sweet and salty nutty praline and candied fruits. Video recipe.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/holiday-fruit-and-nut-ice-cream-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 40 minutes
Total Time = 50 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = European
Serves = 8-10
Nutrition Info = 175 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Butter Glazed Nuts:
- 1/2 cup nut mix (slices dried cranberries, chopped, almonds, chopped cashews, chopped walnuts, chopped pistachio)
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
» For Ice Cream:
- 100 g candied fruit mix
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chilled whole milk
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
» Making Butter Glazed Nuts:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Add butter, brown sugar, and salt to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave 2 minutes; stirring after each minute until sugar dissolves. Alternatively, you can also melt butter, and sugar in a double boiler.
- Pour butter over the nut mix and stir well to coat.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spread the buttered nut mix on the prepared tray.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
» Making Holiday Fruit and Nut Ice Cream:
- Place the whipping cream, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and cardamom into a large bowl.
- Whisk on medium speed for about 3-4 minutes or until smooth, and slightly thickened.
- Pour mixture into the container of an ice-cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer?s instructions.
- Add in the glazed nuts, and candied fruits.
- Fold gently, just until they?re all covered. Don?t over mix.
- Cover with cling film and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Scoop out ice-cream in a cup or cone.
- Enjoy with some gingerbread cookies or biscotti.
- No notes for this recipe.