These awesomely fun, light, soft, moist and seductive Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Lemon Ricotta Frosting can make anyone drool. They are absolutely sufficiently sinful to enjoy as a dessert. And also they are sufficiently healthy so that you could eat them for breakfast like I do. I just love ’em. 🙂
Woohoo! So finally, Easter is coming soon in a few days. So technically it’s the beginning of the the Spring fest. 🙂 Even though it’s still not feeling like Spring on most of the days here, but I can surely tell that it’s getting warmer here day-by-day.
Easter and carrot dishes are best friends. So I decided to share this tasty carrot recipe with you’all. And I so want to eat them now. All right, the thing is that I am craving for one of these stunners right now, but sadly they all vanished as soon as I made them last week.
We baked these sweet, cinnamony and nutty cupcakes last week. And then, when there was more batter left after baking one batch, Little-A suggested me to bake carrot cake brownies. So yeah, I did that, and the result was fabulous.
They were Little-A’s favorite breakfast and snacks for 3 days in a row, and after that they vanished into thin air. However, I somehow liked the fact that she ate and loved those cupcakes. At least that way, I could get her to eat more carrots, and I must say that the hiding fruits and veggies in a delicious way like this always works.
Does goodness of carrots need an introduction?
I don’t think that I need to tell you about the goodness of carrots in these cupcakes. But I still want to write something about these irresistibly fluffy, and moist carrot cake cupcakes.
Related: Eggless Orange Olive Oil Muffins
These carrot cake cupcakes are super light and fluffy. Carrots add wonderful moistness to these cupcakes which also have a decent flavor of cinnamon. Nothing can go wrong when carrots and cinnamon are involved. Right? These cupcakes are a great way to eat a cake and a vegetable together. 🙂
Related: Oats Orange Eggless Muffins 3 Ways
And there is no butter. And believe me, no one can ever tell there is no butter in these. Here I used a simple ricotta frosting which I couldn’t record as video, but that frosting is super easy and I am sure, you won’t necessarily need video instructions for that. My baby girl and I love our cupcakes with frosting. Unlike the two of us, Daddy dear went for a simpler frosting free muffin.
So let us get started.
Related: Delectable Blueberry Muffins For 4
More healthy carrot recipes you may like:
- Black Eyed Bean Carrot Biryani
- Carrot Garlic Flatbread
- Carrot Halwa Recipe
- Carrot Sago Kheer
- Carrot Zucchini Pilaf
- Carrot Zucchini Semolina Pancake
- Creamy Carrot Beet Tomato Soup Recipe
- Creamy Sweet Potato Carrot Soup
- Radish Lentil Idli Fry With Carrot Ginger Chutney
- Small Batch Of Fudgy Carrot Brownies
- Szechuan Spiced Carrot Fettuccine
Best Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Lemon Ricotta Frosting (Step-by-step photo instructions)
Making Carrot Cake Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 180°C // 355°F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Using a wire whisk or an electric hand mixer, whisk until slightly pale.
- Add shredded carrots, chopped walnuts, and mix well until combined.
- In the same mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix well until combined.
- Add raisins and toss in the batter until evenly combined.
- Pour batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup about ¾ full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20-24 minutes.
- Do a toothpick test; if the toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean they are ready. Let them cool slightly in the muffin tray for a few minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
Making Whipped Ricotta Lemon Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer whip together ricotta and yogurt on medium speed until lightly smooth and fluffy.
- Add the honey and grated lemon zest and fold together well.
Frosting Carrot Cupcakes:
- Frost the cupcakes with lemon ricotta frosting.
- Garnish with chocolate candies, and chopped walnuts.
- Serve with a glass of milk or coffee.