Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
What is carrot sabudana kheer?
Kheer in general is a pudding. And Carrot Sabudana Kheer is a little twist to regular sabudana kheer. It is delightfully sweet.
Why this kheer is perfect as a quick, delicious and healthy dessert?
Sabudana or sago/tapioca pearl has carbohydrates, and when you combine with milk, carrots and nuts, this pudding gets packed with full of energy. Adding saffron to this recipe, gives it a nice color and aroma, which makes it a deliciously desirable dessert. You can cook this dessert in just 30 minutes.
Let’s learn how to make Carrot Sabudana Kheer in 8 easy steps.
- 1 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sabudana (Sago)
- 4 tbsp sugar, or as per taste
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp pistachio, chopped
- 5-6 strands of saffron. crushed
- 5-6 almonds, chopped
- Wash and soak the sabudana covered in 1 cup of water for about 45-50 minutes. Drain extra water, and keep aside.
- Heat a pan, and add ghee to it.
- When ghee is hot, add shredded carrot to it, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and crushed saffron to carrots, and stir continuously till milk comes to boil.
- Once milk has boiled, add sabudana and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes, or till sabudana turns translucent. Do not overcook sabudana.
- Add sugar, and cardamom and let it cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add chopped pistachio, and chopped almonds and mix well.
- Remove from heat. Delicious Carrot Sabudan kheer is ready to be served. It can be served hot or cold.
Happy Cooking 🙂