Learn How to Make Healthy Oats Paratha | Oats Green Paratha – 2 Ways | Oats Onion Paratha with step-by-step video tutorial. These Oats Parathas are a perfect start to any morning. You can have these sizzling parathas with some plain yogurt/raita, curry, pickle and/or hot chai/coffee for a healthy and satisfying breakfast.
Would you say no to a nutritious and delightful breakfast dish made with oats? Well, I am a big enthusiast of oats and any type of recipes made with oats are always a hit at my place. And why not; oats are full of many good things.
You might have made or eaten many oats dishes, but have you ever tried oats paratha? For the past 3-4 years this so good and fibrous grain ‘OAT’ has become a staple at my home. Whenever I have uncertainties about making breakfast or any other meal preparation, I blindly go for oats paratha or chapati option. In Fact, these days I barely make regular chapati. The only time I make regular whole-wheat dough is when I intend to make some authentic stuffed parathas.
Related: Mushroom Kale Stuffed Paratha
Won’t you also agree that breakfast meals are an excellent way to enjoy our power food oats? They are full of nutrients, fibers, and so many other health advantages. No wonder, Oat is known as an energy-boosting grain due to its awesome health benefits. Thus, why not trying oats parathas for breakfast — this way you have more fibrous breakfast.
Related: Dal Chawal Paratha Recipe
For those who don’t know what paratha is, here is some intro. Paratha is an Indian flatbread made in every household. And there are infinite options for making plain and stuffed parathas. You can use many mixtures of flours and many types of stuffing. If you ask about my take on parathas then I would say that “making paratha is an artwork like any other dish. And when it comes to the shape, ingredients, and flavoring in any paratha — the sky is the limit. You can be as creative as you want and can go as wild as you desire. I keep exploring with parathas, and I never get bored of this divine dish. 🙂
Today I am sharing two versions of Oats green paratha. No roasting and grinding are needed for making oats dough. You can simply knead the dough in the same way as you would do with any other type of dough. In this recipe, I am showing you to make Oats green paratha – 2 ways. First, the plain paratha and 2nd is the stuffed paratha with spicy onion filling. To make this healthy oats paratha even healthier, I have added Kale to the dough, but you can add spinach or any of your favorite greens. The oats I have used here are the quick oats, the ones we use for making porridge. Making a dough out of it is as easy as making cake 😉 .
Addition of oats to your regular whole-wheat flour would make your paratha even more filling and they would taste delicious too. Serve these sizzling parathas with some plain yogurt/raita, curry, pickle and/or hot chai/ coffee for a healthy and satisfying breakfast.
If you have kids at home who are fussy about food, then make these oats green parathas for them (‘may be in a shape they like’), and I bet they won’t say NO to these parathas. I am very sure that these parathas would vanish from their plate in no-time. I am afraid, you might also get some precious kisses and hugs in return for making these parathas for them. And I suppose you would pretty much like these gestures. 😉 Try it with your little one — with me it works all the time. 🙂
Are you ready to make this wholesome paratha recipe?
So let’s get started.
Related: Cabbage Peas Stuffed Paratha
How To Make Healthy Oats Paratha - Oats Green Paratha (Step-by-step photo instructions)
How to Make Green Paste:
- Add all the ingredients to a blender jar, and blend until smooth.
- Green Paste is ready. Keep it aside.
Make Onion Stuffing:
- Add all the stuffing ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until combined. Onion stuffing is ready. Keep it aside.
How to Make The Dough:
- Add oats, wheat flour, green paste, salt, cumin seeds to and mix well.
- Knead well to make a soft dough. (Add little water if needed.)
- Apply a little oil to the dough.
- Cover, and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal-sized balls and keep aside.
How to Make Oats Green Plain Parathas:
- Flatten a ball, and dip it into dry flour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll into a thin circle again.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Place the rolled circle on a hot pan and cook from both sides.
- Brush both sides with some ghee/oil roast and roast until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve oats green paratha hot with some raita and pickle.
How to Make Oats Green Onion Stuffed Parathas:
- Now flatten a dough ball, and dip it into dry flour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll into a circle of 4″ diameter.
- Brush with some oil or ghee.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of the onion mixture in the center of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Press lightly to seal the edges well.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6″ diameter with the help of some flour.
- Heat a pan. Place rolled paratha on it and prick a couple of times with a fork.
- Roast rolled circles from both sides.
- Apply a little oil/ghee on both sides. Roast until golden brown from both sides. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make more parathas.
- Serve hot with your favorite chutney and raita.