Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Crumble Bars have layers of crispy oatmeal, cinnamon and brown sugar, flour and soft, berry-licious center filling, which makes it more delish and irresistible.
Blueberry oatmeal breakfast bars are best served at room temperature, and can be eaten on their own, or enjoyed with a glass of milk, coffee or tea. Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars give wholesome goodness from rolled oats, and fresh taste of blueberry in every bite.
Love oat dishes? Then you would also like these oat recipes: strawberry banana oat smoothies, oatmeal peanut butter chocolate cookies, oats orange eggless muffins, Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal, Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies, and no-bake oats and chia energy balls.
Let’s learn to make Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Crumble Bars in easy to understand quick steps.
- Heat a small saucepan. Add blueberries, sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Take another small bowl and combine cornstarch, and 1 tbsp milk. Whisk well, and add this to blueberry sauce. Boil for a minute and transfer the sauce into another bowl. Let it cool completely.
- Preheat oven at 350°f/175 C°. Line a baking tray with foil and spray with some nonstick cooking spray.
- Take another mixing bowl. Add oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Add butter and combine in the flour mixture. Mix well to form a crumble.
- Add half of the crumble mixture to the baking tray, and press well. Top with the cooled blueberry sauce filling. Add remaining crumble mixture to the top, and press well again. Bake for 40-45 until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!
Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Crumble Bars [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.2 from 76 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|249 calories||1 serving|
For Oat Crust and Crumble Topping
- Old fashioned rolled oats – 3/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened or melted
For blueberry Layer:
- Blueberries – 2 cups
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
Make the Blueberry Layer:
- Heat a medium saucepan. Add blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Take another small bowl combine cornstarch, and 1 tbsp water. Whisk well, and add this to blueberry sauce. Boil for a minute and transfer the sauce into another bowl. Let it cool completely.
Making the Crust and Crumble Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°f/175 C°. Line an 8-inch baking pan with foil and spray with some nonstick cooking spray. Keep it aside.
- Add oats, flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, butter and cinnamon powder to a mixing bowl. Mix well to form crumble pieces.
- Transfer half of the crumble mixture to the to prepared baking tray, and press well.
- Evenly distribute cooled blueberry sauce over the crust.
- Add remaining crumble mixture to the top, and press well again.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until edges are set. Crumble topping should appear lightly golden brown at this point.
- Let the crumble cool completely before slicing into bars. Enjoy!
- To slice the bars, lift them out of the pan, and slice with a sharp knife.
- Serve them cold, at room temperature, or warm them up in the microwave.
- Optionally, add a scoop of ice cream on top of each.
- Only use old fashioned oats or large flakes oats. Don’t use quick cook or instant or else the mixture will become too dry and you won't get crumbly texture.
- I am using fresh blueberries for blueberry layer, but you can also use frozen blueberries. You don't need to thaw frozen blueberries.
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars stay fresh in airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can also refrigerate them for up to 10 days.
If this recipe helped you, then please spread the word by sharing and subscribing to us on YouTube to get more such Recipe Videos.
Your feedback is so helpful for me and other MyGingerGarlicKitchen readers. So, for Facebook and Instagram, please mention @MyGingerGarlicKitchen or #mygingergarlickitchen. I would love to see your photos. :)
Recipe Source Link: https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/blueberry-oatmeal-breakfast-crumble-bars-recipe/
Date Published: 2022-10-24