Detailed Rajasthani Mirchi Ke Tipore – Instant Chili Pickle recipe with step by step photos and video tutorial. Hari mirchi ke tipore is a hot, spicy, and tangy pickle, which is one of the traditional and authentic specialties of Rajasthani Cuisine.
This pickle takes me back to my childhood when my granny used to make this quick pickle often. Or better I should say that she always kept this pickle in the refrigerator as a backup plan to her sudden spicy pickle craving. Whenever she found the food uninteresting to her tastebuds, she ate this pickle. But now as a grown up I also love this pickle. Not too much, just a little addition of this pickle can make your food flavor bursting. If you like chilies then you don’t want to miss out on this one.
Related: Rajasthani Gatta Curry Recipe
Rajasthani Mirchi ke Tipore – Instant Chili Pickle is a very famous popular Rajastani delicacy, and this is a must in any Rajasthani thali (a platter full of regional delicacies). Any Rajsthani Thali in incomplete without this pickle. You can check out more Rajasthani recipe here.
Related: Rajasthani Lehsun Ki Chutney
Related: Rajasthani Mirchi ke Tipore
This delish recipe does not require so much effort and time, and can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. If you do not prefer to eat too much hot chilies, try to make this dish with mildly hot chilies. Green chilies cooked with spices give this recipe an unforgettably unique flavor.
Let’s learn to make Rajasthani Mirchi Ke Tipore – Instant Chili Pickle Recipe in easy to understand quick steps.
Watch Rajasthani Mirchi Ke Tipore – Instant Chili Pickle Recipe Video below (please wait for a couple of seconds for loading).
- Green Chilies, Chopped & Deseeded - 1½ Cups
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Fennel Seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds- 1 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder- ¼ Tsp
- Salt As Per Taste
- Dried Mango Powder - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 Tbsp
- Pinch Of Red Chili Powder (Optional)
- Water - 2 Tbsp (Optional)
- Asafoetida- ¼ Tsp
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and fennel seeds.
- When the seeds start to splutter, add chopped green chilies. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, chili powder, dried mango powder and mix well.
- Cook for 1 minute. Add water and cook 2 minutes. (Use 3 tbsp oil if you are not using water)
- Remove from heat.
- Instant chili pickle can be served as a side dish to accompany your meals.
- Instant chili pickle can be kept in the refrigerator for 5-6 days. Enjoy!
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #mggk
Happy Cooking and Keep Sharing! 🙂
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in September 2014 and has been updated for comprehensiveness and freshness.