This super creamy, cool, refreshing, and delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is a perfect breakfast, snack, or a light guilt-free dessert.
This smoothie is especially great anytime on a sizzling summer day. It refreshes all your senses, energizes your body, and nourishes your soul.
A combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and banana is perfect for any dish, and it tastes great in smoothies too. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is a perfect treat for those times when you are craving for something chocolatey, sweet, and cold.
This thick drink tastes like a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana milkshake and is so satisfying that a giant glass of this smoothie would keep you satiated for the next few hours.
A smoothie for breakfast, you may ask? Well, I would say, why not! It’s wholesome, gratifying, and healthy.
I just love my smoothies especially for breakfasts. Banana smoothies and milkshakes are one of my favorite drinks to start a morning.
The reason is that smoothies are usually extremely healthy, wholesome, filler, and make a wonderful grab-and-go breakfast. Also, they take only 5 minutes of your time.
You never feel bored drinking a smoothie because there are endless smoothie options. You can either make a drinkable smoothie, or a smoothie bowl. On top of that, add some toppings, or mix and match your favorite ingredients. That’s another plus.
What else can we ask on a hectic morning. Oh boy! The word ‘Smoothie’ holds an entire world within. :)
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie:
✓ is so delicious and healthy.
✓ is thick and creamy.
✓ makes an easy grab and go breakfast or pick-me-up snack.
✓ is quick and easy and takes only 5 minutes.
✓ is made with 7 simple ingredients.
✓ is gluten-free, paleo, vegan, sugar-free.
✓ is high in fiber and protein.
✓ is low in cholesterol, and calories.
✓ helps to fill you up until lunch.
✓ brimming with chocolate, peanut butter, and chocolate flavors.
Other interesting Banana Smoothie Recipes:
What type of milk is best for this chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie?
For this smoothie, you can choose any milk of your choice. _Below are some options: _
- Almond milk
- Soy milk
- Oat milk
- Cow’s Milk or any other Dairy milk
- Coconut milk
- Cashew Milk
What are the ingredients needed to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie?
This delicious Chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie is made with 7 basic ingredients which are really handy. _These ingredients are: _
- Ripe Bananas
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Smooth peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
Some delicious banana recipes you may love:
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie?
To make this smoothie, you only need a blender and your smoothie ingredients. This is how you do it in 7 simple steps:
Step 1: Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until completely smooth.
Step 2: Pour smoothie into glasses, top with some chocolate shavings or chocolate chips if desired.
Step 3: Enjoy!
**You can find the printable recipe card with detailed instructions on this page. **
Can I make this smoothie in advance?
Yes, you can. This smoothie stays fresh for up to 24 hours. For breakfast, you can make it at night and store in the refrigerator for the next day.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie variations:
You can add any of the below ingredients to your Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie smoothie.
- Chia seeds.
- Sweetener (Honey/Maple Syrup/Agave).
- Any Other Nut/ Seed Butter.
Important tips and variations to make delicious chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie:
- You can add some vanilla or chocolate protein powder to make a protein-rich smoothie.
- You can omit the banana and make peanut butter (PB) and chocolate milkshake.
- Skip PB to make a banana chocolate milkshake.
- Avoid chocolate to make peanut butter banana smoothie/milkshake.
- Add some quick oats or rolled oats to make chocolate peanut butter banana oat smoothie. You can also use rolled oats. Just coarsely pulse them before making smoothies.
- If you have peanut allergies then you can substitute peanut butter with almond butter, cashew butter, or pecan butter.
- I do not add sweetener to this smoothie, but feel free to add some honey, maple syrup, agave, dates, or any other sweetener of your choice.
- I used Greek yogurt because it is high in protein, but you can use any other plant-based yogurt to make it suitable for vegan and paleo diets. Using coconut or almond yogurts are the best choices.
- You can use vanilla yogurt or plain yogurt. Both work well here.
- I have added cocoa powder to this smoothie. You can also add cacao powder or some hot fudge.
- I used freshly sliced bananas, but you can also use frozen ones.
- Make sure to use well-ripened bananas for this smoothie, because all the sweetness comes from the bananas.
- This smoothie recipe makes 2 large smoothies or 4 small smoothies.
- Add a pinch of salt to the smoothie, if using unsalted peanut butter.
Other delicious smoothie/milkshakes: