Banana Chai Cake is a fruity spicy cake filled with delectable flavour of tea. A perfect recipe for breakfast.
Banana Chai Cake is a fruity spicy cake filled with delectable flavour of tea. A perfect recipe for breakfast. Now you all must be thinking why to use chai (tea) in a banana cake? Belive me its a true joyance, especially for those who love to drink chai latte. Chai and spices along with banana takes this cake to a higher aromatic level. Many of us don’t like to eat overripe banana, so if you have any leftover bananas which you don’t want to eat, you can use them for this recipe. This would turn into an incredible cake, that everyone would love to eat. This is a perfect way to use overripe banana, which would come out so moist. Banana Chai Cake would even tastes great next day, if you can resist it long enough 🙂
If you love tea time cakes, then you would also love this tutti frutti cake.
Let’s learn to makeBanana Chai Cake in easy to understand quick steps.
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C.
- Take a mixing bowl. Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cardamom, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, black pepper powder into it. Mix well, and keep it aside.
- Heat a saucepan. Add milk, chai to it, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and add ½ tablespoon crushed ginger to it. Let it boil on low heat for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool down completely.
- Take a mixing jar. Add banana, milk chai, and ½ tablespoon crushed ginger. Blend until smooth, and keep it aside.
- Take another mixing bowl. Add butter and sugar to it, and whisk well to cream. Add eggs and whisk for one minute. Add vanilla extract and banana, chai mixture, and mix well to combine.
- Add this banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir together until fully combined.
- Grease a baking dish, and pour in banana cake mixture. Sprinkle some icing sugar and ground cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until center of the cake is cooked. You can check this by inserting a toothpick in the centre. Cake is ready if toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before removing from baking dish. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top, slice and serve at room temperature with any of your favorite beverages.
To make Over Ripe Banana Chai muffin:
- Pour mixture into muffin tray and bake for about 25 minutes or until cooked. Let them cool down completely.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve at the room temperature.
Banana Chai Cake [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.2 from 42 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|1 hours 50 mins|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|223 calories||1 Slice|
Ingredients for Banana Chai Cake //
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 large-sized overripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 teaspooon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspooon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspooon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspooon baking powder
- 1 teaspooon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tea bags or 2 tablespoons loose black tea (chai)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large-sized eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspooon vanilla extract
- Icing sugar for topping
How to Bake for Banana Chai Cake
- Add milk, chai leaves to a saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and add 1/2 tablespoon crushed ginger to it.
- Let it boil over low heat for about 10 minutes. Remove from tea from the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Strain the cooled milk chai and add it to a blender jar.
- Also, add bananas along with ½ tablespoon of crushed ginger. Blend everything until smooth. Keep the mixture aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cardamom, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, black pepper powder into it.
- Mix everything well until combined. Set all the dry ingredients aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed for about 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- At medium speed, add the eggs one at a time and, beat well after each addition.
- To the same mixing bowl, add vanilla extract, and banana chai mixture. Mix everything well.
- Now add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold until fully combined and no flour pockets remain.
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C.
- Grease a baking dish, and pour in the banana cake mixture.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar and ground cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until the center of the cake is cooked. You can check this by inserting a toothpick in the center. The cake is ready if the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool completely before removing it from the baking dish.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on the top, slice, and serve at room temperature with any of your favorite beverages.
- To store, cover the banana chai cake with parchment paper first and then with plastic wrap and store it at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To prevent the top and sides from getting too brown, you can also loosely cover the cake with aluminum foil after 30 minutes of baking.