Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Banana Chai Cake!
Banana Chai Cake is a fruity spicy cake filled with delectable flavour of tea. A perfect recipe for breakfast. Now you all must be thinking why to use chai (tea) in a banana cake? Belive me its a true joyance, especially for those who love to drink chai latte. Chai and spices along with banana takes this cake to a higher aromatic level. Many of us don’t like to eat overripe banana, so if you have any leftover bananas which you don’t want to eat, you can use them for this recipe. This would turn into an incredible cake, that everyone would love to eat. This is a perfect way to use overripe banana, which would come out so moist. Banana Chai Cake would even tastes great next day, if you can resist it long enough 🙂
Let’s learn to makeBanana Chai Cake in easy to understand quick steps.
- all purpose flour – 2 1⁄2 cup
- crushed ginger – 1 tbsp
- black pepper powder -1 tsp
- baking powder – 1 tsp
- baking soda – 1 tsp
- whole milk – 1 cup
- black tea (chai) – 3 tea bags or 2 tbsp
- overripe bananas – 3
- ground cinnamon – 2 tsp
- brown sugar – 1 cup
- eggs – 2
- butter or margarine, softened – 1⁄2 cup
- ground cardamom – 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon -1 tsp
- vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- icing sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C.
- Take a mixing bowl. Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cardamom, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, black pepper powder into it. Mix well, and keep it aside.
- Heat a saucepan. Add milk, chai to it, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and add ½ tbsp crushed ginger to it. Let it boil on low heat for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool down completely.
- Take a mixing jar. Add banana, milk chai, and ½ tbsp crushed ginger. Blend until smooth, and keep it aside.
- Take another mixing bowl. Add butter and sugar to it, and whisk well to cream. Add eggs and whisk for one minute. Add vanilla extract and banana, chai mixture, and mix well to combine.
- Add this banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir together until fully combined.
- Grease a baking dish, and pour in banana cake mixture. Sprinkle some icing sugar and ground cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until center of the cake is cooked. You can check this by inserting a toothpick in the centre. Cake is ready if toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before removing from baking dish. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top, slice and serve at room temperature with any of your favorite beverages.
To make Over Ripe Banana Chai muffin:
- Pour mixture into muffin tray and bake for about 25 minutes or until cooked. Let them cool down completely.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve at the room temperature.
Camera: Nikon D7100
Lens: Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens
Setup: Used natural sunlight coming from left, and a reflector on the right side of the frame.
Angle: I clicked these photos with 90°, 70°, 50°,
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.