Learn to make Cauliflower Korma Curry – Gobi Kurma Recipe with easy step-by-step photo instructions. Kurma or korma is a sumptuous dish where meat or vegetables are braised with yogurt or cream, spices and milk to produce a thick creamy texture. Cauliflower Korma Curry – Gobi Kurma is an exquisite vegetarian and gluten-free Indian curry.
Making this humble cauliflower korma aka Gobi Kurma is an effortless task. This luscious curry dish makes a flavorsome side for dinner/lunch. However, this satisfying and rich vegetarian curry is also ideal for the festivals and celebrations. It curry works absolutely great with paratha, roti, naan, plain rice or pulao.
There are so many ways of making a kurma depending upon the cooking technique and ingredients used. This particular recipe of cauliflower Korma is cooked with a bunch of aromatic whole spices, some powdered spices, onion, ginger-garlic, coconut, cream, and cashew milk.
The cashew milk gives this curry a thick, nutty & creamy texture and very rich taste. You can also use whole milk instead of cashew milk.
For this gravy dish, I have also added green peas to this spicy and tantalizing cauliflower curry, which gives this curry a pleasant and wonderful contrasting color.
Try this easy-to-make recipe and do let me know, how it turned out for you.
- I have added cashew milk to this recipe, but you can also use almond milk or regular milk.
- I have added mildly creamy cheese spread to this dish, but you can add cashew cream, or regular to make it even richer.
- Cardamom powder is optional, but I would highly recommend you to use it. This magical ingredient creates a huge difference.
You may also like these gratifying Cauliflower / Gobi recipes, I have shared earlier:
- How to Make Punjabi Achaari Gobi
- How To Make Aloo Gobi Sabji
- Red Cabbage Cauliflower Radish Chickpea Pancake
- Curried Potato Cauliflower Topped Naan Pizza
- Roasted Cauliflower Pilaf With Watermelon Sauce
Let’s learn to make Tantalizing Cauliflower Korma in 5 easy to understand quick steps.
1. Boil 2 cups water in a pan. Add cauliflower, green peas, and boil for 5 mins.
2. Drain onto an absorbent paper.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
4. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, and coriander seeds.
5. Once then they start to crackle, add onion-ginger-garlic paste to it.
6. Mix well and let the paste saute for 3-4 minutes or till it becomes light brown.
7. Add coriander powder, desiccated coconut, chopped green chili, and chopped tomatoes.
8. Mix well to combine. Let the spices cook for 3 minutes.
9. Now add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, and garam masala powder along with cashew milk, and cream.
10. Let the mixture come to a boil. Add cheese spread triangles, and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Add kasuri methi, and mix well. Cook for another minute.
12. Add boiled cauliflower and peas.
13. Mix well, and cook for 5 minutes or till gravy becomes thick.
14. Add cardamom powder, and cook for another 2 minutes.
15. Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #mggk
Happy Cooking and Keep Sharing! 🙂