Learn to make Cauliflower Korma Curry – Gobi Kurma Recipe with easy step-by-step photo instructions. Kurma or korma is a sumptuous dish where meat or vegetables are braised with yogurt or cream, spices and milk to produce a thick creamy texture. Cauliflower Korma Curry – Gobi Kurma is an exquisite vegetarian and gluten-free Indian curry.
Making this humble cauliflower korma aka Gobi Kurma is an effortless task. This luscious curry dish makes a flavorsome side for dinner/lunch. However, this satisfying and rich vegetarian curry is also ideal for the festivals and celebrations. It curry works absolutely great with paratha, roti, naan, plain rice or pulao.
There are so many ways of making a kurma depending upon the cooking technique and ingredients used. This particular recipe of cauliflower Korma is cooked with a bunch of aromatic whole spices, some powdered spices, onion, ginger-garlic, coconut, cream, and cashew milk.
The cashew milk gives this curry a thick, nutty & creamy texture and very rich taste. You can also use whole milk instead of cashew milk.
For this gravy dish, I have also added green peas to this spicy and tantalizing cauliflower curry, which gives this curry a pleasant and wonderful contrasting color.
Try this easy-to-make recipe and do let me know, how it turned out for you.
Some tips for making cauliflower korma:
- I have added cashew milk to this recipe, but you can also use almond milk or regular milk.
- I have added mildly creamy cheese spread to this dish, but you can add cashew cream, or regular to make it even richer.
- Cardamom powder is optional, but I would highly recommend you to use it. This magical ingredient creates a huge difference.
You may also like these gratifying Cauliflower / Gobi recipes, I have shared earlier:
How to Make Punjabi Achaari Gobi
Red Cabbage Cauliflower Radish Chickpea Pancake
Curried Potato Cauliflower Topped Naan Pizza
Roasted Cauliflower Pilaf With Watermelon Sauce
Let’s learn to make Tantalizing Cauliflower Korma in 5 easy to understand quick steps.
Boil 2 cups water in a pan. Add cauliflower, green peas, and boil for 5 minutes. Drain onto an absorbent paper. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, and coriander seeds. Once then they start to crackle, add onion-ginger-garlic paste to it. Mix well and let the paste saute for 3-4 minutes or till it becomes light brown.
Add coriander powder, desiccated coconut, chopped green chili, and chopped tomatoes. Mix well to combine. Let the spices cook for 3 minutes. Now add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, and garam masala powder along with cashew milk, and cream.
Let the mixture come to a boil. Add cheese spread triangles, and cook for 2 minutes. Add kasuri methi, and mix well. Cook for another minute. Add boiled cauliflower and peas.
Mix well, and cook for 5 minutes or till gravy becomes thick. Add cardamom powder, and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
Cauliflower Korma Curry - Gobi Kurma Recipe [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.1 from 64 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|75 calories||1 serving.|
For Cauliflower Korma Curry:
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, ginger-garlic paste
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 cup cashew milk (you can also use almond milk or regular milk)
- 1/2 cup fresh cream (use vegan cream for vegan version)
- 2 pcs cheese spread triangles (use vegan cream cheese to make it vegan)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, slightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 cups of water
How to Make Cauliflower Korma Curry:
- Boil 2 cups water in a pan. Add cauliflower, green peas, and boil for 5 mins.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, and coriander seeds.
- Once they start to crackle, add the onion-ginger-garlic paste to it.
- Mix well and let the paste saute for 3-4 minutes or till it becomes light brown.
- Add coriander powder, desiccated coconut, chopped green chili, and the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well to combine. Let the spices cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, and garam masala powder along with cashew milk and cream.
- Let the mixture come to a boil. Add cheese spread triangles, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Kasuri methi, and mix well. Cook for another minute.
- Add boiled cauliflower and peas.
- Mix well, and cook for 5 minutes or till the gravy becomes thick.
- Add cardamom powder, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Cauliflower Korma Curry hot with some roti or paratha.
- No notes for this recipe.
If this recipe helped you, then please spread the word by sharing and subscribing to us on YouTube to get more such Recipe Videos.
Your feedback is so helpful for me and other MyGingerGarlicKitchen readers. So, for Facebook and Instagram, please mention @MyGingerGarlicKitchen or #mygingergarlickitchen. I would love to see your photos. :)
Recipe Source Link: https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/tantalizing-cauliflower-korma-curry-recipe-2/
Date Published: 2023-03-25