Cauliflower Korma Curry - Gobi Kurma Recipe
Cauliflower Korma or or Gobi kurma is a sumptuous dish where cauliflower is braised with yogurt or cream, spices and milk to produce a thick creamy texture.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/tantalizing-cauliflower-korma-curry-recipe-2/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 25 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 5
Nutrition Info = 75 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving.
» For Cauliflower Korma Curry:
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, ginger-garlic paste
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 cup cashew milk (you can also use almond milk or regular milk)
- 1/2 cup fresh cream (use vegan cream for vegan version)
- 2 pcs cheese spread triangles (use vegan cream cheese to make it vegan)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, slightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 cups of water
» How to Make Cauliflower Korma Curry:
- Boil 2 cups water in a pan. Add cauliflower, green peas, and boil for 5 mins.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, and coriander seeds.
- Once they start to crackle, add the onion-ginger-garlic paste to it.
- Mix well and let the paste saute for 3-4 minutes or till it becomes light brown.
- Add coriander powder, desiccated coconut, chopped green chili, and the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well to combine. Let the spices cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, and garam masala powder along with cashew milk and cream.
- Let the mixture come to a boil. Add cheese spread triangles, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Kasuri methi, and mix well. Cook for another minute.
- Add boiled cauliflower and peas.
- Mix well, and cook for 5 minutes or till the gravy becomes thick.
- Add cardamom powder, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Cauliflower Korma Curry hot with some roti or paratha.
- No notes for this recipe.