Learn How to make Tangy Spicy Tomato Paratha – Tomato Flatbread Recipe | Tamatar Ka Paratha. Tangy Spicy Tomato Paratha is an Indian style flatbread which is flavored with some spices, and freshly pureed tangy tomatoes.
When served as a dinner or lunch, this paratha makes is a great side dish for any curry or stew. This can be accompanied by any of your favorite pickles, ketchup, and yogurt condiment if you are planning to have them for breakfast.
What is Paratha?
Tomato paratha or tamatar ka paratha is so deliciously spicy and tangy flatbread, that one can even have them without anything. Seriously, they are insanely delicious with such a pleasant and unique flavor of tomatoes, and so addictive that you won’t be able to stop at just one. Don’t believe me? Try it yourself. Sometimes, when I am so hungry I even eat them straight out of the tawa/pan just like that.
And when I have some leftovers, then I simply roast them on the pan and then I smear this garlic chutney on top, and make a roll outta it. It instantly becomes one of the best comfy and satisfying meals ever.
And another reason why I can’t resist this paratha is because of its naturally alluring color. Anyways who can resist beautiful colors when it comes to food — the more the better. Isn’t it? 🙂
Plus, this hearty, healthy and nourishing paratha provides you with many nutrients and health benefits.
Some other parathas you may also like:
- Lachha Paratha 3 Ways Recipe
- Dal Chawal Paratha Recipe
- How To Make Punjabi Aloo Paratha – 2 Ways)
- Sev Stuffed Paratha Recipe
- Cabbage Peas Stuffed Paratha
- Mooli Paratha With Strawberry Grapes Chutney
- Pepper Onion Potato Paratha
Let’s learn to make Tangy Spicy Tomato Paratha in 4 easy to understand quick steps.
Tomato Paratha – Tomato Flatbread - Tamatar Ka Paratha [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.2 from 86 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|80 calories||1 paratha|
For Tomato Paratha //
- 2 Cups Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree, (I Added 1” Chopped Beetroot In The Puree For Rich Color)
- 1 teaspoon Oil For Kneading Dough
- 1 Green Chilies, Crushed
- 1 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil/ghee for frying parathas
How to Make Tomato Paratha //
- Add wheat flour, tomato puree, cumin seeds, Kasuri methi, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and 1 teaspoon oil to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well and knead into a soft dough without adding any water. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water, if needed.
- Cover the dough and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions as balls.
- Roll out each ball into a circle of 6-inch diameter with the help of dry flour.
- Heat a pan and place the rolled paratha on it.
- Roast from both sides, or till you see brown bubbles.
- Apply a little oil/ghee to both sides, and cook for few more seconds.
- Repeat the rolling and roasting process with the rest of the dough balls.
- Your tangy, spicy tomato paratha is ready. Serve hot with raita, chutney, or curry.
- No notes for this recipe.
If this recipe helped you, then please spread the word by sharing and subscribing to us on YouTube to get more such Recipe Videos.
Your feedback is so helpful for me and other MyGingerGarlicKitchen readers. So, for Facebook and Instagram, please mention @MyGingerGarlicKitchen or #mygingergarlickitchen. I would love to see your photos. :)
Recipe Source Link: https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/tangy-spicy-tomato-paratha-tomato-flatbread-recipe/
Date Published: 2023-03-18