Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
What is Spring Onion Mint Pulav?
Spring onion mint pulav is an Indian rice recipe, and is prepared with spring onions, mint leaves, and some spices. Adding garlic with mint, and spring onions, makes this recipe so aromatic and refreshing. Lemon zest, and lemon juice gives this spring onion mint pulav a fruity flavor. This is a perfect side dish for lunch/dinner, and goes well with any curry or lentils.
Let’s learn to make spring onion mint pulav in 6 easy to understand quick steps.
- cooked basmati rice – 1/2 cups
- spring onions cut diagonally -1 cup
- mint leaves -1/2 cup
- oil -3 tbsp
- cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- garlic, chopped – 4
- salt as per taste
- lemon zest – 1tbsp
- bay leaf – 1
- cinnamon stick – 1
- garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds to it. When they start to crackle, add bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- Now add spring onions, mint leaves, and chopped garlic cloves. Let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garam masla powder, and salt. Mix well, and cook for 1 minute.
- At this stage add cooked rice, lemon zest, and mix well. Let them cook for 2 minutes more. Add lemon juice, and remove from heat. Cover them for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite curry and raita. Enjoy!
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.
Liked this post, then you will like this too.