Quick and Healthy Spiced Brown Rice With Corn Recipe is an easy, healthy and very quick rice dish. This rice preparation is full of nutrients. Adding corn kernels, and seasoning it with cumin seeds makes it exquisite. A must try recipe for calorie conscious people.
Making this light and healthy rice is as easy as ABC. Really, that simple. Soak. Boil, Sauté. Cook. Done. Can it get any simpler than this? This brown rice with corn makes a great lunch or dinner when served with simple dal or curry.
This stays fresh for hours, so you can an also pack it in your kid’s lunch. And this your fussy eaters won’t complain at all. Believe me, I have tried it.
Do you love corn dishes? If yes, here ar some other delicious corn dishes you might also love to try are: corn chaat, bhutte ka kees, Pepper Corn Arugula Pizza with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, roasted corn, and corn pakora.
Now, let’s get started with this easy brown rice recipe.
Quick and Healthy Spiced Brown Rice With Corn Recipe [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.2 from 68 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|219 calories||1 serving|
Spiced Brown Rice With Corn:
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 cloves (laung)
- 4 peppercorns (kali mirch)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste (adrak lehsun ka paste)
- 1 medium-sized oninon (pyaaj), chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (you can also use ghee)
- Salt, as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (kali mirch powder)
- 1 cup corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cilantro (coriander) leaves for garnishing
Making Spiced Brown Rice With Corn:
- Wash Rice and soak them in water for 1 hour.
- Heat oil/ghee in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, peppercorns, and a pinch of asafetida.
- Sauté for a few seconds, and then add onions.
- Stir well and sauté 2 minutes. After that, add corn kernels.
- Mix everything well, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Now add rice, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, salt, and mix well to combine. Bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover the saucepan with a lid, and simmer until the rice is soft and liquid has been absorbed, about 35 to 40 minutes. Add lemon juice and stir again.
- Remove from heat, let it cool for 5-8 minutes.
- Uncover and lightly fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
- Serve hot with any Paneer Curry or Dal.
- No notes for this recipe.
I have also posted some other healthy rice, pulav, pilaf and biryani recipes which might interest you. Such as,