Veg Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe | How to Make Schezuan Fried Rice. This veg schezwan fried rice is a spicy and tasty Indo-Chinese dish. Crunchy stir-fried veggies paired with spicy sauce give a nice hot and smoky flavor to this rice.
Everything responds so well with this Schezwan Fried Rice. I mean, when your tummy is charged with delightful food, then you find all the good things in life. Isn’t it?
This Veg Schezwan Fried Rice is pure comfort food. And much better than a takeaway packet. It’s because it’s healthy, it’s fresh and it’s entirely homemade. And you don’t want so many fancy ingredients to make this rice. Plus, this is gonna be an awesome meatless Monday meal. What else do we need on a Monday? Happy tummy = happy soul.
The best part about this rice is that if you have your Schezwan sauce ready then making this rice is quick as all fried-rice recipes should be. Furthermore, if you also have pre-boiled rice and chopped veggies waiting, then cooking this fried rice is even faster. It takes about 15 minutes to get this mouth-watering rice on your table. This is exactly the same amount of time where you wait in a restaurant after ordering your favorite fried rice.
Seriously, this one skillet dish is super quick and easy. Today, I am sharing a very simple veg version of this fried rice. However, if you want to add some meat, then I would suggest you add some honey marinated chicken pieces to this rice. This would make your beloved schezwan chicken fried rice. You can also add some roasted tofu to this.
Be creative, let your imaginations fly and you never know, you might come up with something never-heard-before genius idea. 🙂 If you are the one who loves enticing hotness of Schezwan cuisine, then this Schezwan fried rice is calling your name.
This veg schezwan fried rice is a spicy and tasty Indo-Chinese dish. Crunchy stir-fried veggies paired with spicy sauce give a nice hot and smoky flavor to this rice. In India, this fried rice is quite popular in the restaurants and Chinese food stalls.
In this recipe, stir-fried vegetables are cooked in spicy garlicky Szechuan sauce and tossed with long grain rice. The thing is that if you love anything schezwan then you would love this Indo-Chinese fried rice. This makes a great main dish for any weekday lunch or dinner. And this is so filler and satisfying that you actually don’t need anything else to accompany this.
Some important points to remember while cooking Schezwan fried rice:
- The key to making the best veg fried rice is to stir-fry veggies continuously on high heat.
- I have made it in a pan, but I would suggest you make it in a wok if you have one.
- I have used chopped veggies here, but you can also shred or julienne your veggies.
- Use long grain rice which is 90% boiled. (Almost cooked)
- Use the cooked rice for best results. Leftover rice works great.
- Making your own sauce is an excellent idea. It stays good for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator. But you can also use store-bought ones.
- It comes out as hot and spicy chili-garlic flavored rice with the unique blend of sauces. But if you want mildly flavored rice, then simply reduce the amount of Schezwan sauce to reduce the hotness.
- You can easily pack this rice in lunch. Just make sure that you don’t cook veggies longer if you are packing this in lunch. Otherwise, veggies will turn soggy.
So let’s make this Veg Schezwan Fried Rice without wasting anytime.
Watch How to Make Schezwan Fried Rice | Veg Schezuan Fried Rice Recipe video below (please wait for a couple of seconds for loading).
You may also like these other recipes:
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #mggk
Happy Cooking and Keep Sharing! 🙂