Quick and Healthy Spiced Brown Rice With Corn Recipe
Quick and Healthy Spiced Brown Rice With Corn is an easy and wholesome rice dish. Adding corn kernels and seasoning it with cumin seeds makes it exquisite.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/quick-healthy-spiced-brown-rice-corn-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 35 minutes
Total Time = 40 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4-6
Nutrition Info = 219 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» Spiced Brown Rice With Corn:
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 cloves (laung)
- 4 peppercorns (kali mirch)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste (adrak lehsun ka paste)
- 1 medium-sized oninon (pyaaj), chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (you can also use ghee)
- Salt, as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (kali mirch powder)
- 1 cup corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cilantro (coriander) leaves for garnishing
» Making Spiced Brown Rice With Corn:
- Wash Rice and soak them in water for 1 hour.
- Heat oil/ghee in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, peppercorns, and a pinch of asafetida.
- Sauté for a few seconds, and then add onions.
- Stir well and sauté 2 minutes. After that, add corn kernels.
- Mix everything well, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Now add rice, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, salt, and mix well to combine. Bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover the saucepan with a lid, and simmer until the rice is soft and liquid has been absorbed, about 35 to 40 minutes. Add lemon juice and stir again.
- Remove from heat, let it cool for 5-8 minutes.
- Uncover and lightly fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
- Serve hot with any Paneer Curry or Dal.
- No notes for this recipe.