Beetroot Kebab Recipe — These kebabs are packed with goodness, full of yummy flavors, and pan fried. And yes, they are even more delish when paired with this sweet and tang beetroot dip.
This gorgeous combo of delicious kebabs with an awesome healthy dip is a great crowd pleaser. This is the kind of a dish that you would absolutely love to serve when you have friends over dinner. It just has that WOW factor.
Beet, beet, beet is all in my mind today and will be tomorrow and day after tomorrow. I can’t even begin to talk about the taste until we discuss the color of this gorgeous dish!
What do I love the most about beetroots is their vibrant color which makes my day everytime I see this. I have been dying to share this awesome, delish and healthy recipe with you for so long.
Is it not one of the most beautiful colors you have ever seen? And what’s that mouthwatering and healthy dish I’m talking about? Yes, I am sharing a recipe with our superfood (beetroot) which is healthy too. Thanks to its BEET-POWER 😉
Roasted Beetroot Kebab with Beet Dip.
Guys, do you know that I made this video a month ago and since then I am planning to share these but somehow I couldn’t. But today is the lucky day when I have finally decided to share this superfood. Today’s recipe ‘Roasted Beetroot Kebab with Beetroot Dip’ is kind of special.
For one, these so-good-melt-in-mouth kebabs are everything a dish should be. Two, they’re full of good health! Three, making them is super easy and super fun too!
These beetroot kebabs are packed with goodness, full of yummy flavors, and pan fried. And yes, they are even more delish when paired with this sweet and tang beetroot dip.
Oh boy! This dip is something no one can resist. Well, I could not resist. All Indian kebabs needs some spices, and these have it all.
What is Kebab?
If you are unfamiliar with kebabs, let me tell you that they are basically minced meat or vegetable covered in a skewer and grilled/cooked.
How do you serve Kebab?
Usually kebabs are served as an appetizer with chutneys and dips. But they are also perfect party snacks, and can also be served as a part of a meal, or as a filling for a wrap.
Related: Beet Potato Peas Patties
You will have to agree that a gorgeous platter of delicious kebabs with an awesome healthy dip is a great crowd pleaser. The smoky, char-grilled aroma and melt-in-mouth texture easily gets you hooked.
These kebabs are healthy and delicious:
Today I am sharing my own healthier version. They are cooked in very less oil instead of frying. Now you see why I am beyond excited about them!
This Roasted Beetroot Dip is just so vibrant and gorgeous. And now when we have covered the beauty of this dip, I shall talk about the taste. 🙂
Other delicious Indian Vegetarian Kababs are Hara Bhara Kabab, Dahi ke Kebab, or Sweet Potato Pumpkin Kebab.
How Do you make Roasted Beetroot Dip?
I LOVE this dip. It’s a mix of roasted beetroots, vinegar, garlic, honey, onion, and some rich, creamy quark cheese or greek yogurt.
Making this dip is simple and easy too. Just pop all the ingredients into the food processor and blend. And you will end up with this sweet, tart and beautiful dip. This dip is very quick and a show-stopper for sure.
This is the kind of a dip that you would absolutely love to serve when you have friends over dinner. It just has that WOW factor. If you want, it can also be drizzled over some of your favourites snacks.
Related: Spiced Fenugreek Beet Baked Mathri
How do you make Roasted Beetroot Kebab?
For my kebabs, I used roasted beetroots, black beans, cashews, parsley, coconut and spices. Cook them. Add into a food processor and then pulse until you have a finely chopped mixture. Roll the mixture into cute cylinders and arrange them on wooden skewers, and then cook on a grill or pan to get that crisp perfection. And they are done!
So these super simple, colorful, flavorful full of good health Kebabs are ready!!
You may also like these other recipes:
- Beetroot Carrot Tomato Soup Recipe
- Beetroot Duppad
- Beet Lemonade Recipe
- Beetroot Pachadi Kerala Style
- How To Make Detox Heart Beet Juice
- Roasted Beet Salad Recipe
Beetroot Kebab Recipe (Step-by-step photo instructions)
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F. Place the beets in the center of a piece of aluminum foil.
- Now, wrap the foil paper around the beets.
- Place the foil on a baking tray and bake for 45-60 minutes or until you can easily slide a knife in and out of the beets.
- Remove the foil.
- Once the beets are cool enough to handle, rub the skins off and wash them under some cold water. Delicious roasted beets ready.
Making Beetroot Dip:
- Add all of the beetroot dip ingredients into your food processor.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth. Beetroot dip is ready.
- Roughly chop all the roasted beets.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Once hot, add the cloves, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds and saute for a few seconds.
- After that, add cashews and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted beets and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add cooked beans and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add desiccated coconut, garam masala powder, cumin powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add parsley and cook for one more minute.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- When cooled, add the spiced beets and beans into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, and mix well to make a smooth dough.
- Take about 3 tablespoons mixture into six equally-sized balls.
- Slowly spread the mixture on the skewers to make kebabs 8-10cm long. Press the ends firmly.
- Similarly, shape all the kebabs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan or or heat a grill.
- Place kebab skewers on pan.
- Cook from all sides for 3-4 minutes, or till lightly colored all around.
- Serve hot with beet dip and lemon and onions.