Learn to make Beetroot Duppad – Beetroot Split Flatbread Recipe with step by step picture instructions. Duppad is a layered Indian Flatbread separated into two layers after cooking. Duppad is aHindii word which means two layers. Duppad aka dupalli roti is beautifully unique split flatbread comes with the added benefits of beetroot.
Beetroot aka beet gives this flatbread a gorgeous red color along with essential nutrients. This is a quick, easy, and very soft buttery flatbread which goes well with any meal. Great for the occasion when you have guests coming over. This would take half the time of regular cooking, and remains soft for many hours.
Related: Creamy Carrot Beet Tomato Soup
Let’s learn to make Beetroot Duppad – Beetroot Split Flatbread in easy to understand quick steps.
1. Add 2 cup whole wheat flour, salt, beetroot paste to a mixing bowl.
2. Knead well to make a smooth dough like chapati.
3. Cover the dough with cling film and set aside for 30 minutes.
Related: Beetroot Pachadi Kerala Style Recipe
4. Divide the dough into 12-14 equal sized balls.
5. Now take two balls and flatten them.
6. Dip one ball into oil and dip another one into dry flour.
Related: Beet Lemonade Recipe
7. Join both balls and merge them together by pressing and seal the corners as shown in the photos.
8. Roll this into a 7-inch circle.
9. Cut the edges with a pizza cutter or knife to make an even circle from all the sides.
Related: How To Make Detox Heart Beet Juice
10. Heat a pan or tawa and place the rolled roti.
11. Once you see the bubble, flip it and roast on the other side.
12. Press the circle evenly with a napkin on all sides with very soft hands while roasting.
13. This process would separate the layers.
14. Now carefully pick the upper half of it on the side and pull over gently to peel off the layer completely.
15. This time, you will see that the chapati has split into two equals.
16. Remove from heat and place them on a plate.
17. Repeat the same process with other dough balls.
18. Smear them with ghee and roll them into triangles as shown in the photos.
19. Serve hot with your favorite curry.
Related: Roasted Beet Potato Holiday Salad
Pin it to your BREAD BOARD to SAVE IT for later!
Follow My Ginger Garlic Kitchen on Pinterest for even more great ideas and deliciously appealing recipes!
You May Also Like These Another Beet Recipe:
- Broccoli Beet Crispy Fingers / Croquettes
- Spiced Fenugreek Beet Baked Mathri
- Super Moist Mini Chocolate Beet Cake + Muffins
- Beet Potato Peas Patties
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #mggk
Happy Cooking and Keep Sharing! 🙂