Broccoli Beet Crispy Fingers | Broccoli Beet Croquettes are vegan snacks and can also be made gluten-free. These fingers are the best way to sneak up the vegetables in your child’s diet. And they also make a great finger food for any party or get-together.
Pin it to your SNACK BOARD to SAVE IT for later!
Follow My Ginger Garlic Kitchen on Pinterest for even more great ideas and deliciously appealing recipes!
Make them for any meal you like:
They are quick and easy fingers suitable for dinner/lunch/snacks or any other meal of your choice. These vegan croquettes are new levels of deliciousness.
For some of us they are snacks, for others they are finger food or maybe appetizers. For me, these croquettes along with some fresh salad would make a great lunch. Not to mention that they are gonna make a perfect treat for both kids and adults. 🙂
Tell me who doesn’t love croquettes? I am yet to meet a person who says, “I hate croquettes.”
How can anyone say no to this delight, which is crunchy on the outside and flavorful, soft, squishy, creamy, and mashy inside.
No matter what the age is, everyone loves them. It’s a delight for the adults as well as kids. No matter what the season, everyone loves them — be it the summer or winter. They come out as a winner every time you make them. Isn’t it true?
Let me take you to a virtual treat:
Imagine yourself putting your teeth through them, and you feel the crisp edges with the mixed taste of sesame and breadcrumbs and the soft, spicy, squishy stuff streaming out onto your tongue, filling your mouth with deliciousness. OMG, have you thought about that? Great! Because that’s what you are gonna get with every single bite of these fingers. Just so finger-lickin’ good 🙂
My genius granny:
When I was growing up my granny used to make lunch for us every Sunday morning. I always remember her unique cooking style, when she hid all the veggies into her dishes, so we kids can have them without even knowing that they are there. I can tell you her food always smelled so good. I don’t know it was because she added so many awesome things or it was because her food was always made with good care and filled with much love.
This works for me:
I also try the same method with Adoria and believe me, it works. I made these croquettes last weekend and my family enjoyed them. Try out these little fingers with the goodness of veggies, I hope your kids will love them too.
The good thing about these that you can make them ahead of time and freeze them for later use. Or maybe make them few days before a party and reheat them when you have guests at home. They will make a lovely looking delicious snack.
- Potatoes peeled, boiled and mashed - 1 cup
- Broccoli blanched and chopped - 1 cup
- Beetroot, puree - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Dried mango powder/Amchoor Powder - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Chaat masala - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Green chilis, chopped - 2 tbsp or as per taste
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Breadcrumbs - ¼ cup (use gluten-free breadcrumbs to make them gluten-free)
- Breadcrumbs - ¼ cup
- Sesame seeds - ¼ cup
- Olive oil for drizzle
- In a mixing bowl add the broccoli, mashed potatoes, beet puree, cumin seeds, amchur powder, garam masala powder, salt, green chilis and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 18-20 equal balls and roll each one into a short sausage shape.
- Meanwhile, make the dip. Put the cream cheese, yogurt and chives in a bowl and stir to a soft consistency, adding the milk if needed.
- Preheat oven at 175°C.
- Put the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a bowl and mix well.
- Roll the croquettes in the mixture of breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
- Place them on a parchment-lined a baking tray and drizzle/ spray generously with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven about 20-22 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with any of your favourtie.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW: Broccoli Beet Crispy Fingers / Croquettes | Video Recipe
(Please wait for a couple of seconds for loading)
Direct Video link: https://www.youtube.com/embed/-aKWik9g72c