Rajasthani Govind Gatta Curry Recipe | Govind Gatte Ki Sabji |How to Make Govind Gatta. This It is a very toothsome spicy curry. This recipe includes a dumpling made of gram flour; stuffed with paneer (cottage cheese), boiled & fried preparation in a rich onion, yogurt gravy.
What is Govind Gatta Curry?
It is a very toothsome spicy curry. This recipe includes a dumpling made of gram flour; stuffed with paneer (cottage cheese), boiled & fried preparation in a rich onion, yogurt gravy. This customary Rajasthani recipe goes well with Puri (fried flat bread), Rice or even plain chapatti (a thin pancake of unleavened whole-grain bread cooked on a griddle). Routinely people in India make this recipe on special occasions, such as festivals or for some parties. However, you can enjoy these spicy mouth-melting dumplings whenever you wish.
Why would you love Govind Gatta?
Because it is one of the most famous Rajasthani recipes, and so much fun to cook, which will give you a glimpse of Rajasthani traditional food.
Related: Rajasthani Gatta Curry Recipe
What makes Govind Gatta so delicious?
This royal and traditional Rajasthani curry has all the essence of royal Rajasthani food. The beautiful combination of richness and the tanginess in this sophisticatedly cooked spicy curry is one of its kind.
This govind a lovely meal with roti, boondi raita, and Besan Mirchi Ke Tipore.
Does it help me when I know I am calorie conscious?
If you are calorie conscious, you are in for some good luck. You can easily consume this recipe anytime without worrying about gaining weight. For eg., lunch time is an ideal time. That way you will have whole day after that for digesting the meal. And as a healthier choice, you should use vegetable oil for frying dumplings. I usually use olive oil & rapeseed oil for deep-frying my food.
Related: Steamed Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi Recipe
More Rajasthani Recipes I have shared on my blog:
- How To Make Rajasthani Ghevar
- How To Make Rajasthani Moong Dal Halwa
- How to Make Dal Bafla
- Kacchi Haldi ki Sabji Recipe
- Rajasthani Dal Baati Churma Recipe
- Rajasthani Lehsun Ki Chutney – 2 Ways
- Rajasthani Mawa Malpua Recipe
- Rajasthani Mirchi ke Tipore
- Rajasthani Mohanthal
- Rajasthani Pyaaz Ki Kachori Recipe
- Rajasthani Sweet Oliya Recipe
Let’s learn how to make Rajasthani Govind Gatta Curry Recipe
Rajasthani Govind Gatta Curry - Govind Gatte Ki Sabji [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.2 from 192 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|98 calories||1 cup|
For the dough of gatta (dumplings):
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 tablespoon oil (tel)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (namak)
- 1 tablespoon onion, green chili, ginger-garlic paste (adrak lehsun mirchi ka paste)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 5 tablespoons natural yogurt (dahi)
- A pinch of asafetida (hing)
For The Gatta Stuffing:
- 1/2 cup grated paneer or mawa (dried milk)
- 10-12 raisins (kishmish)
- 1 tablespoon cashews (kaju), chopped
- 6 -7 black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (coriander) leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup whisked natural yogurt
- 1/2 cup onion-ginger-garlic paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 teaspoon Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- A pinch of asafetida (hing)
- Water, as required
- Cilantro (coriander) leaves for garnishing
How to Make Govind Gatta Dough:
- Take a large mixing bowl, and add all the dough ingredients to it. Mix well.
- Knead the mixture into a soft dough. Add 1-2 teaspoon water, if needed.
- Cover the dough with cling film and keep aside for 30 minutes.
How to Make Stuffing:
- Take another mixing bowl, and add all the stuffing ingredients to it. Mix well.
How to Shape Govind Gatta:
- Apply a little oil on your hands, and make 6-8 balls out of dough.
- Take 1 dough ball in your hands, and press it to make a flat circle of about 3 inches diameter.
- Put 2 teaspoon of stuffing mixture on the flat circle, and bind the dough into a ball again.
- Do the same with all the remaining dough balls.
How to Boil Govind Gatta:
- Heat a large pan, and add enough water to it for boiling dough balls.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the dough balls.
- Boil the dough balls till they become light in weight and start floating on the boiling water surface.
- Take out the dough balls from the water and set them aside.
How to Fry Govind Gatta:
- Heat another pan, and add enough oil to it for frying the dough balls.
- When the oil is hot, add dough balls and fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Above is the picture of how it looks like at this stage.
How to Make Sauce/Gravy:
- Heat another pan. Add 2 tablespoons oil to it.
- When the oil is hot, add bay leaf, cumin, and asafetida.
- When they start spluttering, add the onion-ginger-garlic paste and cook until oil leaves the sides.
- Now add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder along with 1 cup of water.
- Here you can use the same water which you used for boiling. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now add yogurt to it, and stir consistently until it begins boiling.
- Add fried dough balls, and salt according to taste.
- Let it boil covered on medium heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with grated paneer.
- Your Rajasthani Govind Gatta curry is ready to be served.
- Serve with any pulao or naan.
- No notes for this recipe.