Capsicum pulao is a very simple basic stir-fried rice dish made with made with capsicum and onion. In this Onion Capsicum Pulao - Capsicum Rice recipe, boiled basmati rice is cooked with capsicum (shimla mirch), onions, salt, garam masala and some whole spices.
What is Pulao/Pulav?
Pulao or Pulav is an enticing side dish made using rice, spices and meat of vegetables.
What makes Onion Capsicum Pulav so refreshing, fuller, and indulging at the same time?
Onion Capsicum Pulav is such a divine meal, which is cooked with rice, red onions, and green capsicum. You will feel the refreshing taste of crunchy onion and capsicum with every bite of this Pulav.
Is it easy to cook Onion Capsicum Pulav?
Onion Capsicum pulav is a very quick & simple recipe, yet full of flavors. You can make this in no time with very less effort.
Why would you love this Capsicum Pulao?
There are many reasons why you would love this pulao recipe. Such as:
- This easy onion capsicum pulao recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and it still tastes the best.
- This recipe turns out best with the leftover rice, so this is a best way to use them.
This is a recipe which can be prepared under 15 minutes from ready to start.
- Making this pulao takes only 10 minutes, if you are using the cooked rice.
- You can also make the peas pulao, by simply replacing onion and capsicum with peas (matar).
How to serve this Onion Capsicum Pulao?
Onion capsicum pulao tastes awesome without any accompaniment. It makes a great side dish dinner or lunch. It stays fresh for long time, so you can also pack it in kids lunch box. To make it taste more enticing, you can serve this delicious onion capsicum pulao with some dal, curry, or raita of your choice.
Other rice recipes you may also like:
- Cauliflower Pilaf
- Vegetable Tahiri
- Lemon Rice
- Carrot Zucchini Pilaf
- Mushroom Pepper Pilaf With Grilled Veggies
- Spring Onion Mint Pulav
- Paneer Pulao
Let us learn to cook this refreshing recipe with some simple and easy steps.
Heat oil/ghee in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Add bay leaf, cinnamon stick and, cumin seeds and sauté for few seconds. As soon as the seeds start to crackle, add onion, capsicum, salt, garam masala and sauté for another 5-7 minutes. Once the capsicum is semi-cooked, add boiled rice to it and mix well. Turn the heat to medium-low. Let the rice cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Onion capsicum Pulao is ready. Serve with Dal, Grapes Onion Cucumber Raita, pickle, and papad.
Onion Capsicum Pulao - Capsicum Rice [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.4 from 40 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|165 calories||1 serving|
For Onion Capsicum Pulao
- 2 cups boiled basmati rice (leftover works best)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil /ghee
- 1 large bell pepper/capsicum, cut into squares
- 1 large red onion, cut into squares
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
How to Make Onion Capsicum Pulao
- Heat oil/ghee in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon stick and, cumin seeds and sauté for few seconds.
- As soon as the seeds start to crackle, add onion, capsicum, salt, garam masala and sauté for another 5-7 minutes.
- Once the capsicum is semi-cooked, add boiled rice to it and mix well.
- Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Let the rice cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Onion capsicum Pulao is ready.
- Serve with dal makhani, pineapple raita, palak paneer curry, and papad.
- No notes for this recipe.