Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What makes Onion Capsicum Pulav so refreshing, fuller, and indulging at the same time?
Onion Capsicum Pulav is such a divine meal, which is cooked with rice, red onions, and green capsicum. You will feel the refreshing taste of crunchy onion and capsicum with every bite of this Pulav.
Is it easy to cook Onion Capsicum Pulav?
Onion Capsicum pulav is a very quick & simple recipe, yet full of flavors. You can make this in no time with very less effort.
Let’s learn to cook this refreshing recipe in 7 easy steps.
- 2 cups boiled basmati rice
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp oil /ghee
- 1 large bell pepper/capsicum, cut into squares
- 1 large red onion, cut into squares
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp salt to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon stick and, cumin seeds and sauté for few seconds.
- As soon as the seeds start to crackle, add onion, capsicum, salt, and sauté for another 5-7 minutes.
- Once the capsicum is semi-cooked, add boiled rice to it and mix well.
- Turn the heat to medium.
- Let the rice cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Your dish is ready. Onion capsicum are best served with dal, raita, pickle, and papad.
Happy Cooking 🙂