Mint Raita or Pudina Raita is a popular Indian style mint flavoured yogurt dip made from fresh mint (pudina)leaves and dahi/curd (plain yogurt). This simple raita is a perfect accompaniment for Parathas, Pulao, or biryani.
What is Raita?
Raita is one of the most famous yogurt based Indian side dishes. Raitas are famous in every part of India. The base for raita is always natural yogurt (plain dahi). All types of Raitas are they are so good for your digestive system. It’s because it has some natural spices which help the enzymes digest the food in the best way possible.
What is Mint Raita?
Mint Raita aka Pundia Raita is a mint condiment made with yogurt. This Indian side dish is so flavoursome that is sure to kindle all your senses.
What is so special about Mint Raita?
Mint raita is very a refreshing and flavourful raita. This pudina raita has a cooling aroma, which refreshes the spicy food. It is best when served as along with lunch on hot summer afternoons.
How do you serve Mint Raita?
It is best served cool, as refrigeration enhances the flavour of Mint Raita.
Some other Raita Recipes you may also like:
- Rajasthani Besan Ke Cheele Ka Raita
- Pineapple Raita Recipe
- Watermelon Raita Recipe
- Fruity-Veggie Boondi Raita
- Red Grapes Onion Cucumber Raita
- Honeyed Honey Melon Raita
Now, let us learn to make this aromatic Mint Raita in easy to follow steps.
Mint Raita – Pudina Raita [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.2 from 56 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|115 calories||1 bowl|
For Mint Raita (Pudina Raita):
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt (kala namak)
How to Make Mint Raita (Pudina Raita):
- Add the mint leaves, green chili, salt, black salt, cumin powder, red chili powder, sugar, and 2 tablespoons yogurt to a blender jar and blend into a paste. The mint paste is ready.
- Add the mint paste and chopped onion to yogurt. Mix well to combine.
- Refrigerate Mint Raita for 1 hour to marinate.
- Garnish with mint leaves, chili powder, and cumin powder.
- Serve Mint Raita cool. This goes perfectly well with any Biryani or Stuffed Paratha.
- No notes for this recipe.
If this recipe helped you, then please spread the word by sharing and subscribing to us on YouTube to get more such Recipe Videos.
Your feedback is so helpful for me and other MyGingerGarlicKitchen readers. So, for Facebook and Instagram, please mention @MyGingerGarlicKitchen or #mygingergarlickitchen. I would love to see your photos. :)
Recipe Source Link: https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/mint-raita-pudina-raita/
Date Published: 2022-10-23