Learn to make Exotic Aloo Paratha – Spiced Potato Stuffed Flatbread Recipe with easy step-by-step photo instructions. Aloo Paratha is very popular Indian stuffed flatbread recipe. Spiced potato mixture is used as a stuffing for this Indian flatbread. This is a quick, easy & healthy version of Aloo paratha, as I am not frying the potato filling.
Exotic Aloo Paratha – Spiced Potato Stuffed Flatbread:
The stuffing is zero oil and prepared with mashed potatoes, onions, green chilies and some spices. Dried mango powder gives it a nice tangy flavor.
You can also use lemon juice instead of dried mango powder. However, I always prefer dried mango powder for paratha stuffing mixture as it saves filling from becoming wet.
Related: Punjabi Aloo Paratha – 2 Ways
This is a non-fried stuffing Aloo paratha, which is usually found at roadside Restaurants. Fried or non-fried filling, it is an incredible breakfast recipe, which is full of nutrients and flavors. Traditionally this Aloo paratha is roasted with butter, but for those preferring a healthier choice, olive oil can be used.
We Indians love relishing all types of parathas, be it stuffed paratha or plain parathas. Some other Indian flatbreads I adore are Makki Ki Roti, Duppad Roti - Pad Wali Roti, khichdi paratha, aloo pyaz paratha, and Rajasthani Khoba Roti.
Let’s learn to cook Exotic Aloo Paratha in easy to understand quick steps.
Related: Aloo Palak Paratha
Method For The Dough:
Take a mixing bowl. Add all the dough ingredients, along with enough water. And knead well to make a semi-soft dough. Cover with cling film and keep aside.
Method For Stuffing:
Take another mixing bowl. Add potatoes and mash coarsely. Add chopped onions, chopped green chilies, and all the spices. Mix well all the spices with mashed potatoes. Divide the potato mixture into 6-8 equal sized balls.
Related: Sev Stuffed Paratha
Method For Rolling:
Divide the dough into 6-8 equal sized balls. Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 4″ diameter. Apply a little oil, and place one mixture ball in the center of the dough circle. Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
Method For Roasting/ Frying Paratha:
Roll out again into a circle of 6″ diameter with the help of some flour. Heat a pan. Roast rolled circles from both sides. Apply a little oil on both sides, and roast until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make more parathas. Serve hot with your favorite pickle and raita.
Related: Patta Gobi Ka Paratha
Exotic Aloo Paratha – Spiced Potato Stuffed Flatbread [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.2 from 61 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|185 calories||1 serving|
For The Dough //
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil/ghee for roasting paratha
For Stuffing //
- 4 large-sized potatoes, peeled & boiled
- 1 medium-szied onions, chopped
- 2-3 small-sizedgreen chillies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried mango powder / amchur powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- Salt to taste
How to Make Aloo Paratha Dough:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add all the dough ingredients, along with enough water. And knead well to make a semi-soft dough. Cover with cling film and keep aside. For Stuffing:
- Take another mixing bowl. Add potatoes and mash coarsely.
- Add chopped onions, chopped green chilies, and all the spices.
- Mix well all the spices with mashed potatoes. Divide the potato mixture into 6-8 equal-sized balls.
How to Make Aloo Paratha :
- Divide the dough into 6-8 equal-sized balls.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 4 inch diameter.
- Apply a little oil, and place one mixture ball in the center of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6 inch diameter with the help of some flour.
How to Roast Aloo Paratha Dough:
- No notes for this recipe.
If this recipe helped you, then please spread the word by sharing and subscribing to us on YouTube to get more such Recipe Videos.
Your feedback is so helpful for me and other MyGingerGarlicKitchen readers. So, for Facebook and Instagram, please mention @MyGingerGarlicKitchen or #mygingergarlickitchen. I would love to see your photos. :)
Recipe Source Link: https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/exotic-aloo-paratha-recipe/
Date Published: 2022-10-12