This White Sauce Pasta is a perfect medley of aromatic flavors and rich creamy pasta. White Sauce Pasta is an easy-to-make recipe which can be prepared at home with some very simple ingredients. This white pasta surely makes a protein-rich, delicious, budget-friendly meatless meal.
Any type of pasta is undoubtedly a comfort food at its best. And this white pasta which is prepared with creamy white pasta sauce is a great dinner or lunch meal option.
Today I bring you an easy, simple, fuss-free and exceptionally delectable pasta recipe which is made with very simple ingredients, such as:
- Basil leaves
- Bell peppers
- Boiled penne pasta
- White flour
- Some cheese
- Sweet corns, and
- Virgin olive oil, etc.
Make this pasta when you have guests coming over for a meal. Or make this for anyone who loves Italian cuisine. Or simply make it for yourself when you are yearning for a delightful Italian meal which is also super-quick to make and delicious too.
How to make white sauce pasta?
White Pasta is ultra simple to make and takes only 20 minutes of your effective time. So now you can dig into the taste of a true Italian delicacy with this easy pasta recipe, which can quickly be prepared without putting in much efforts.
In this recipe, I will show you the entire cooking process of making white sauce pasta.
All you need to do is to boil the pasta first. Stir fry the garlic and the veggies. Make a white creamy cheesy sauce. Spice it with the mixed herbs, black and white pepper powder and chili flakes to get a lightly spiced, aromatic, and creamy fresh white sauce.
Add sautéed veggies and boiled pasta to the sauce. Garnish with some more cheese and oregano. And get ready to experience the joy of digging into the most delicious, aromatic, indulgent, and soul-satiating pasta dish.
White Sauce – some details:
This silky smooth and aromatic sauce is made from garlic (lots of it), butter, milk and all-purpose flour aka maida. This White sauce is also known as bechamel which originated from the French cuisine. This sauce is used as a base for many other sauces. Bechamel sauce is made using flour, butter, and milk.
White, creamy, and flavorful sauce is a delectable way to delight your taste buds.
The base sauce tastes very much like an Alfredo sauce. It is because both the sauces are luscious, buttery, creamy and cheesy. In other words, creating a perfect creamy sauce is a culinary dream.
Of course, there is a very little difference between the two sauces, such as the choice of cheese and herb, and cooking method.
The sauce should always be well merged with the pasta — so it should be smooth, silky and uniform.
This is the ‘basic restaurant style pasta sauce’ recipe which I learned to make some years ago. For years, I’ve used this silky, rich, creamy, and smooth white sauce for pasta to make many dishes. This garlic based white sauce can be used as a base for many dishes including Mac and cheese. The amounts used in the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
You can definitely serve this sauce with any pasta — just name it! My other favorite pasta for this particular recipe is tortiglioni pasta, fusilli pasta, and macaroni.
How to serve White sauce pasta?
Simply serve this with some salad, toasted Italian bread and a glass of fine red wine. A perfectly romantic dinner is all set.
This particular recipe is a very popular Indian style vegetarian pasta which is widely served in restaurants in India. You order a white sauce pasta and you’ll get this pasta.
There are many ways to make a white sauce pasta recipe:
This recipe shows the vegetarian version of the white sauce pasta. However, you can effortlessly turn in into a chicken pasta by adding chicken pieces to this recipe. Various ways:
- Making chicken pasta: Saute chicken pieces in the butter until cooked through. Then add it to the white sauce with the sauteed veggies or without them. Adding mixed vegetables to the sauce makes a nutrient-packed meal. So I would recommend using them. You can add any of your preferred veggies to it.
- Minced meat pasta: You can also add any other minced meat of your choice.
- Plain pasta: You can make a plain white sauce pasta by simply skipping the veggies.
Tips for making your best White Sauce:
- Always keep fresh herbs handy while making pasta — they add a lot of flavors.
- I have used basil leaves for this white sauce recipe. You can also add rosemary or parsley. They both are suited for the cream based sauce.
- Fresh basil leaves have a very fresh and delicate flavor. So it is advisable to add it in the end. Because when basil leaves are added to the sauce at the last minute, it maximizes and enhances its flavor.
- If you don’t want your sauce to be too buttery and creamy, then instead of just adding milk, you can add a combination of milk and vegetable broth. And you can skip the cream part.
- If you want to make this white sauce pasta vegan, then swap regular full cream milk with almond milk and butter with vegan margarine or vegan butter.
- For making this white sauce recipe I have used processed cheddar cheese because I personally like it in my pasta dishes. You can substitute it by using parmesan, mozzarella cheese or even cheese slices or sticks. You can also use a combination of cream cheese and some other processes cheese.
- It is recommendable to saute vegetables in olive oil. Virgin olive oil is your best bet for sautéing and baking. So use Virgin Olive Oil instead of extra virgin olive oil. It is because Virgin Oil is generally used for cooking instead of the ‘extra’ virgin.
How To Cook Perfect Pasta?
- Always cook pasta right before serving it.
- Use a large pot and add enough water. Pasta needs a lot of water while cooking, so add enough water. Always use a large pot to cook pasta for proper and even cooking. If you use a small pot for cooking pasta, your pasta would clump and stick together.
- Always use boiling water for cooking pasta. Add some cold water to the pot and bring it to a boil before adding pasta. For speeding the boiling process, cover the pot of cold water with the lid, this will help in boiling water faster.
- Add some salt to the boiling water before adding pasta to it, because salting the water makes pasta taste better, and it also brings out the natural flavor of the pasta, and pasta gets properly seasoned. Use kosher salt if possible.
- Let the water come to the boil first and then add the salt because salt dissolves faster in hot water.
- Do not add any kind of oil to the pasta while boiling, because this may create a glaze which is unwanted for the recipes when we are cooking with the sauce. Addition of oil will make the pasta smooth, and the sauce will not stick to it.
- After you add the pasta to the boiling water, stir it with a wooden spoon. The stirring would prevent pasta from sticking to each other and from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Always cook the pasta uncovered at high heat for a fast boil.
- Cooking time may vary with different kinds of pasta depending upon their thickness and shapes. Most kinds of pasta are cooked between 7 to 12 minutes. After 4 minutes of adding pasta, test for its doneness by tasting it.
- After cooking, pasta should be tender but still firm when you bite into it. This biting and chewing into pasta is known “al dente.” In Italian, the phrase “al dente” means “to the tooth”. At ‘al dente’ stage the food should have a slightly chewy texture when biting into it. Also, it shouldn’t have a hard center.
- Keep an eye on pasta while boiling it, because pasta can overcook very quickly.
- Once pasta has reached the “al dente” stage, turn off heat.
- Pour boiled pasta into a large colander to drain immediately.
- Rinse with cold water and shake it well to remove excess water.
- The soupy looking starchy water where you boiled the pasta can be used for adjusting the consistency of your sauce. So do not throw this nutritious wonder ingredient.
How to Make Pasta ahead of time?
- Boil the pasta until al dente as you normally do. Drain the starchy water, and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking. Let pasta cool off completely.
- Now toss it with 2 teaspoons of olive oil so it will not stick together.
- You can store cooked pasta in a covered bowl. This is will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat the pasta in a microwave safe bowl on high for 2 minutes. Or you can simply reheat the pasta by putting it in a colander. Then pour very hot water running over it.
- Just add it to the hot sauce before serving and cook for 1 minute.
General Notes related to this recipe:
- Saute veggies on medium or high heat to keep the vegetables crunchy and high in nutritional value.
- You can add leftover pasta to any of your favorite soup.
- You can save some time by doubling your favorite sauce recipe. So make some extra sauce, freeze it in a freezer bag for later use. Simply thaw it at room temperature prior to use.
- If you want some crunchy texture, you can top creamy white pasta with toasted pine nuts or toasted chopped walnuts.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW: White Sauce Pasta Recipe | Creamy & Cheesy White Pasta
(Please wait for a couple of seconds for loading)
Direct Video link: https://www.youtube.com/embed/5yK-uPG7fXg
You may also like these recipes:
- One Pot Coconut Curry Pasta Recipe
- One Pan Thai Yellow Curry Macaroni
- Vegan Thai Green Curry Vegetable Noodles
- Szechuan Spiced Carrot Fettuccine