Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What is Express Bread Rice Pulav?
Pulav/pulao in general is an Indian dish in which rice is cooked with seasoned vegetables or meat. Express Bread Rice Pulav is regular vegetable pulav with a new variation by adding bread to it, and is speedy to cook. When rice comes with softly seasoned bread pieces, it gives a nice and smooth texture with a great aftertaste. This is a very simple, rapid, nutritious, and enticing recipe, which is well served with yogurt condiment.
Let’s learn to make Express Bread Rice Pulav in 4 easy to understand quick steps.
- cooked rice- 1 cup
- mixed vegetables, diced – 2 cups
- peas – 1/2 cup
- onions, cubed – 2
- potatoes, cubed -1
- cooking oil – 3 tbsp
- brown bread slices, cut into squares – 5
- mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- green chili, finely chopped – 1
- tomatoes, cubed -1
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- garam masala powder -1/4 tsp
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves, for garnishing
- lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cubed onions, cubed potatoes, and salt to it. Mix well. Let them cook until potatoes are soft.
- Now add chopped green chili, mixed vegetables, and peas. Mix well, and let them cook for 5 minutes or till vegetables become soft.
- Add cooked rice, and bread pieces along with turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add cubed tomatoes, and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice to it. Mix well, and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve hot with your favorite raita.
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.
Liked this post, then you will like this too.