Bombay Veg Sandwich is a super quick, easy and healthy sandwich which can be eaten as a snack/brunch. You can even carry it as a picnic or lunch.
Pin it to your SNACKS BOARD to SAVE IT for later!
Follow My Ginger Garlic Kitchen on Pinterest for even more great ideas and deliciously appealing recipes!
Is it weekend already? Or are we going on a picnic?
I guess maybe we, or just I am pretending today is the beginning of a warm weekend, and I am having a picnic at a nearby beach and enjoying these Bombay Veg Sandwiches. Yeah, you can call them picnic sandwiches because they are easy to pack and easier to eat.
So let me go with the last option because it feels more logical and gives me a reason to enjoy these Bombay vegetable sandwiches which are kinda healthy. 😀
The only thing which is stopping me from saying them the healthiest sandwiches is the white bread. You just switch the bread to wholegrain and they are one of the most delicious sandwiches in a healthy sandwich category.
They are best for the picnic, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have them for lunch or snack or brunch. I can have them for any of my meals because they are delicious and satisfying. Let me be honest, and tell you that sometimes I feel like I don’t eat raw veggies enough. But I love to eat them in raw form in these sandwiches. It’s seriously so good and it makes for some of the easiest weekday meals. I smeared the bread slices with butter because we need some kind of fat in our meals. Right? Then there is a layer of green chutney, lots of Veggies and a sprinkle of freshly ground sandwich masala. Done!
Love this Bombay Veg Sandwich, then you would also love these delicious sandwiches: Mayonnaise Sandwich, Grilled Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich, Curried Egg Salad Sandwich, Grilled Cheese Spiced Potato Sandwich, Peanut Butter and Veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Caprese Croissant Sandwich, 2-Minute Veggie Sandwich, and Mayonnaise Sandwich.
I have always loved a good sandwich. You can say that sandwiches are my childhood love. Most of the days my Mom made me sandwiches for my school lunches and I simply adored them. I still pack sandwiches for my lunch and I can tell I still love them. 🙂
Do you remember when I shared Bombay Masala Toast last week? As the name suggests, this Bombay Veg Sandwich recipe also hails from Mumbai streets but again like the masala toast, this is also sold in every city of India.
Bombay Veg Sandwich is a super quick, easy and healthy sandwich which can be eaten as a snack/brunch. You can even carry it as a picnic. This sandwich needs a sandwich masala. It is the same masala which I also used in Bombay Veg Sandwiches.
Assembling this sandwich is super simple. This is how it goes in simple steps:
Step 1. Take two white bread slices and smear with butter.
Step 2. Smear with some green chutney.
Step 3. Arrange boiled potatoes.
Step 4. Sprinkle sandwich masala.
Step 5. Arrange tomatoes, beets, cucumber and onion.
Step 6. Sprinkle sandwich masala.
Step 7. Cover with bread slice.
Step 8. Slice and serve.
Step 9. Eat.
Step 10. Pray.
Step 11. Love.
Bombay Vegetable Sandwich Recipe (Step-by-step photo instructions)
For The Sandwich Masala //
- Heat a pan, and add the cumin seeds, cloves, fennel seeds, star anise, cinnamon, black and peppercorns to it.
- Dry roast spices on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Let them cool for 5-6 minutes.
- Once cooled, transfer roasted spices, black salt, dried mango powder, and salt to a grinder jar.
- Grind well to make a fine powder. Sandwich masala is ready. You can store it in an air-tight container.
How to Make Bombay Vegetable Sandwich //
- Cut off the edges of each bread slice and smear them with some butter.
- Now add green chutney and spread on bread slices.
- Arrange potato slices and sprinkle some sandwich masala.
- Now arrange tomato slices, beetroot slices, cucumber slices, onion slices and sprinkle some more sandwich masala.
- Cover it with another slice of bread, chutney-side facing downwards and press it slightly.
- Now cut the sandwich into 4 slices.
- Serve them with some ketchup.