Bombay Vegetable Sandwich Recipe
Bombay Veg Sandwich is a super quick, easy and healthy sandwich which can be eaten as a snack/brunch. You can even carry it as a picnic or lunch.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/bombay-veg-sandwich-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 10 minutes
Total Time = 15 minutes
Category = Breakfast
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 16 mini sandwiches
Nutrition Info = 276 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For The Sandwich Masala // (Makes 10-12 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 4-5 cloves (laung)
- 1-2 cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 6-7 black peppercorns (kali mirch)
- 1 star anise (chakraphool)
- 2 teaspoons black salt/kala namak
- salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon dried mango powder (amchoor )
» For the Sandwich //
- White bread slices - 8 (You can also use whole grain bread)
- Butter - 4 tbsp (You can also use margarine)
- Green chutney - 4-5 tbsp
- Cucumber slices - ½ cup
- Potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced - ½ cup
- Tomato slices - 2 medium
- Beetroot, boiled, peeled and sliced -2 medium
- Onion, sliced - 2 medium
- Sandwich Masala
» For The Sandwich Masala //
- Heat a pan, and add the cumin seeds, cloves, fennel seeds, star anise, cinnamon, black and peppercorns to it.
- Dry roast spices on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Let them cool for 5-6 minutes.
- Once cooled, transfer roasted spices, black salt, dried mango powder, and salt to a grinder jar.
- Grind well to make a fine powder. Sandwich masala is ready. You can store it in an air-tight container.
» How to Make Bombay Vegetable Sandwich //
- Cut off the edges of each bread slice and smear them with some butter.
- Now add green chutney and spread on bread slices.
- Arrange potato slices and sprinkle some sandwich masala.
- Now arrange tomato slices, beetroot slices, cucumber slices, onion slices and sprinkle some more sandwich masala.
- Cover it with another slice of bread, chutney-side facing downwards and press it slightly.
- Now cut the sandwich into 4 slices.
- Serve them with some ketchup.
- No notes for this recipe.