Zucchini Chickpea Flour Pancake is a savory crepe, and makes a wonderful breakfast. They are prepared with gram flour, zucchini, onion and other spices. This zucchini indian recipe is full of flavorful aroma that can easily tantalize your taste buds. These pancakes are ready in about 30 minutes and will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
What is Chilla?
Chilla or Cheela is an India styles pancake originating from the Northen part of India. They are made in many variations depending upon the ingredients used in the recipe. All types of chillas are generally made without the use of any raising agents. Chillas are prepared in both sweet and savory versions. Sweet chillas are made with some whole wheat flour (atta) or all-purpose flour (maida) and salty chillas / cheelas are made using gram flour or chickpea flour (besan).
What is Zucchini Chickpea Flour Pancake?
Zucchini Chickpea Flour Pancake is a savory crepe and makes a wonderful breakfast. They are prepared with gram flour, zucchini, onion, and other spices. Zucchini chickpea flour pancakes are full of delicious aroma that can easily fascinate your taste buds.
What to serve with Zucchini Chilla?
This zucchini chilla recipe tastes just so good that you can eat it right from the pan. You can serve this zucchini chilla or pancake as a breakfast or as a tea time snack along with some green coriander chutney, some yogurt dip, or any other ketchup of your choice. And a hot cup of Indian masala chai is a must with these pancakes.
They are not only good for breakfast or snack but also great for lunch when served along with some fresh Apple Cucumber Mozzarella Pearls Salad .
How to make the batter for Zucchini Chickpea Flour Pancake?
The batter for this dish is easy to prepare, just add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix everything. The batter turns out light and fluffy, which makes it ideal for serving the dish hot.
Is Zucchini Chilla Recipe Gluten Free?
Yes, it is a gluten-free recipe. These savory crepes are also vegan and make a wonderful vegan breakfast. So you can still make them if you are on dietary restrictions because this recipe will suit most dietary requirements and dietary restrictions.
Preparing this pancake or crepe takes only a few minutes. It will be ready in less than 15 minutes.
Tips and variations for making Zucchini Chilla Recipe:
- I have used grated zucchini for this pancake recipe, but you can either use pre-grated zucchini or finely chopped zucchini.
- You can also add additional vegetables to the crepe as per your preferences.
- If you want to make these pancakes ahead of time, then you can either make the batter and refrigerator it or make the pancakes and re-heat them in the oven or a pan. do it two ways.
Let’s learn to make Zucchini chickpea flour pancakes or Zucchini Chilla Recipe in easy to understand quick steps.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients in the bowl, and mix well.
- Now add milk to the dry ingredients and make a smooth batter. Check the consistency, add more milk if needed.
- Let the batter marinate in spices for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan on high heat. Once, the pan is hot enough, turn the heat on medium.
- Spread 1 tsp oil in the pan and spread 2 tbsp batter evenly on it.
- Cover the lid, and let it cook for about 2 minutes. Now remove the lid, and apply some more oil on the topside of pancake.
- Turn it upside down. Let it cook for 2 minutes, until it becomes brown and crispy from both sides.
- Repeat the same process with rest of the batter. Your delicious Zucchini Chickpea Flour Pancake is ready.
- Serve hot with salad, and serve with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!