Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chana Manipuri – Chana Kanghou
Chana Manipuri (Kanghou) is a traditional Manipuri dish, which is served as a snack. This is a very popular street snack in Manipur, and goes perfect with hot tea and coffee. Chana Manipuri Kanghou is a quick, simple, organic & healthy dish. This recipe is prepared with quite less spices, and comes out very delicious.
Let’s learn to make Chana Manipuri (Kanghou) in easy to understand quick steps.
- black chickpea , soaked overnight and cooked – 1 cup
- oil – 2 tbsp
- bay leaf – 1
- green chilies, chopped – 1
- garlic cloves, chopped – 2 tbsp
- tomato sliced – 1
- salt, as per taste
- turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf to it, and cook for 2 seconds. Add chopped garlic, chopped green chili, and sliced onions.
- Mix well and cook for 3 minutes. Add sliced tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder, salt, and garam masala powder. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add cooked chana and fry for 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped onions, green chili and lemon slices.
Camera: Nikon D7100
Lens: Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens
Setup: Used natural sunlight coming from left, and a reflector on the right side of the frame.
Props & Styling: I arranged my food in white bowls, and placed them on a dark wooden board. I also used a blue table cloth and some fresh flowers for styling.
Angle: I clicked these photos with 90°, 70°
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.