Not to be confused with , the biscuits of North America are leavened and used as a savory side as opposed to a sweet dessert.
Biscuits are popular in many fast food chains, but you probably didn’t know that they’re incredibly easy to make at home and take no longer than a half hour. This recipe is inspired from Live Well Bake Often.
Effortless Summer Side Dishes - Buttermilk Biscuits [Recipe]
With summer approaching, this is a great time of year for family gatherings and cookouts. If it’s hard to decide what to cook, then try these side dishes.
(Rating: 4.2 from 7 reviews)
(Rating: 4.2 from 7 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|88 calories||1 serving|
List of Ingredients
- Following are all the ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- Buttermilk (¾ cups milk plus 2tbs vinegar – this works with milk alternatives as well!)
- 6 tbsp butter, cold
- ¼ tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- If you’re making the buttermilk from scratch, combine the milk and vinegar in a measuring cup and let chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 450 and line a baking sheet. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- You can cube butter and cut it in, but we’ve found a simpler way to incorporate the frustrating ingredient // grate it. As long as the butter is cold, you can easily grate it using a cheese grater. Add the butter into the flour and use your hands to mix the two, crumbling the flour and butter between your hands until it reaches a fine, pea-sized consistency.
- Pour almost all of the buttermilk into the mixture (leave at least a few tablespoons) and beat it on low until everything is incorporated but not over-mixed. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and carefully fold it over repeatedly a few times.
- Making sure the surface is floured just enough that the dough won’t stick, flatten it by hand or with a roller to about ½ inch thickness. Cut out circles using a cookie cutter or by cutting with a knife around an upturned glass to guide you.
- After you place the biscuits on the baking sheet, brush the tops of each one lightly with the remaining buttermilk. If you’d like to add a bit of sweetness, drizzle honey on top.
- Bake at 450 for about 15-18 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- No notes for this recipe.
If this recipe helped you, then please spread the word by sharing and subscribing to us on YouTube to get more such Recipe Videos.
Your feedback is so helpful for me and other MyGingerGarlicKitchen readers. So, for Facebook and Instagram, please mention @MyGingerGarlicKitchen or #mygingergarlickitchen. I would love to see your photos. :)
Recipe Source Link: https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/effortless-summer-side-dishes-buttermilk-biscuits/
Date Published: 2023-03-20
• • • • • • • • • •