Hello to you awesome people on this warm and sunny Tuesday!
It is a bright and beautiful day, so how does a flatbread Tuesday sound to you? Excellent idea! Isn’t it?
My timeless love for Flatbread: Flatbread is one thing I love so much. I actually can eat flatbread everyday but this warm and shiny day is calling for even more for it! 🙂
I can totally handle it everyday for lunch or dinner! Specially, if a flatbread is something like the one I am sharing with you today.
Summer on a plate: It has grilled corn, onions, olives, arugula leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, jalapenos, and strawberries + oranges. All bright veggies and fruits — isn’t it so much summery and fantastic? For me it’s the essence of the summer season on a plate! And I sure can take care of it pretty well, because I am so much in love with summer.
Surprise early summer: Last month was so dark and cold. And it made me think that summer wouldn’t bless us this year sooner, but it turned out it wasn’t so. Summer is here in May itself. This year spring wasn’t here for long but seems like summer is here already. A bit early I guess, and I am definitely fine with that. Because you know my love for summer.
One of my favorite seasons: Summer has become one of my favourite seasons now. 🙂 It doesn’t mean that I don’t like other seasons, but if I have to put at least one at the top, then summer it is! 🙂
Last week was fully warm and summer-y. However, the predictions says that it’s gonna be cold again later this week. 🙁
Hope is the best remedy: If you make me say anything to this current beautiful and warm weather, then I would say “please, please, please, summer don’t show us your back — we want you here for a longer period! I hope summer would be here again very soon. Because the joy of hope is the BEST. So let’s promise to keep this BEST thing with us, always.
Summer cravings: I also know that there will be full-on summer from next month. And this little taste of summer made me crave ever more for warm temperatures! 🙂 Who craves for a season, right? I do. I really, really do! You’ll do it too, if you live in any of the Nordic countries, like me. 🙂
Summer calls for colorful meals: Actually, it’s not me. It’s the long cold and dark winter which makes me crave for summer and light and vibrant summer-y food! So with the coming summer there will be lighter and more colorful meals.
Pretty simple flavours: Let’s talk about this ‘Corn Cream Cheese Flatbread with Orange Vinaigrette’ I am sharing today. It has the most gorgeous looking sweet yellow corn and sun-dried tomatoes. There’s so much going on this flatbread. Ingredients and flavours are pretty simple — but nothing can beat the taste when they all come together.
Super simple, super fast.
Reasons to love it: Corn Cream Cheese Flatbread with Orange Vinaigrette is a cheesy flatbread but different from pizza. The cream cheese is not baked like pizza Instead it spread on flatbread along with parsley + basil pesto + honey + ground pepper + salt. Isn’t it making you drool already? It has all the goodness of cheese, fruits and veggies and carbs. Well, if you ask me, I will only tell you that it’s YUM YUM YUM and only YUM.
How I made it: I first rolled out the pizza dough and brushed with some olive oil. Sprinkled some sea salt and baked it for 8 minutes. At this point the flatbread became super crispy and delish. Then I spread cream cheese pesto mixture on top. And topped with grilled corns, onions, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, jalapenos, and strawberries + oranges. And finally some arugula. Then I drizzled with orange vinaigrette.
Unfortunately I forgot to shoot the video for orange vinaigrette but that’s pretty simple to make. You just combine fresh orange juice, olive oil, orange zest some ground pepper and salt and whisk well. Vinaigrette is done. It’s that easy.
Time for this light treat: A super fast, easy, light, summery, gorgeous and delicious flatbread is ready. Now let’s jump on this droolicious and summer-y flatbread!
Here is the Homemade pizza dough recipe!
- Sweet corn- 1
- Garlic oil spray
- Garlic powder
- Homemade or store bought pizza dough, at room temperature - 250g ( I have used homemade)
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2-3 tbsp
- Himalayan sea salt - ¼ tsp
- Cream cheese - 1 cup
- Basil pesto - 1 tbsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Parsley, chopped - ⅛ cup
- Ground pepper - 1 tsp
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Olive oil - 4 tbsp
- Fresh orange juice - ¼ cup
- Ornage of - 1 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Ground pepper - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Grilled corn kernels, chopped, - ¼ cup
- Onion sliced - ¼ cup
- Olives, sliced - 2 tbsp
- Sun-dried tomatoes - ¼ cup
- Orange, cubed - ⅛ cup
- Pickled jalapenos - 2 tbsp or more if desired
- Strawberry, sliced - ⅛ cup
- Pepper and salt for sprinkle
- Spray garlic oil on corn and sprinkle some garlic powder.
- Grill the corn until it is smoky and charred. Cut corn off the cob and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 250C.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is thin.
- Grease a large baking tray with olive oil.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking tray. Brush with some olive and and sprinkle lightly with himalayan sea salt and pepper if you desire.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients, add salt to taste.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine together the cream cheese, parsley, pesto honey, salt and pepper.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven and top with the cream cheese and pesto mixture.
- Spread chopped corn. Add sliced onions, sliced olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pickled jalapenos, chopped orange slices and sliced strawberries.
- Finally, top with arugula leaves.
- And drizzle with orange vinaigrette! Sprinkle pepper and salt and enjoy!
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #mggk
Happy Cooking & Keep Sharing! 🙂