Chickpea Zucchini Mushroom Pizza with Pickled Peppers and Olives. I rolled the dough first. Spread generous amount of sauce over pizza. Spread mozzarella cheese. Added zucchini, chickpeas, mushroom, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, onion and pickled peppers. Some more cheese and baked it.
Yeeahhhh! It’s my FAVORITE Day. It’s FRIDAY! 🙂
And what a Friday calls for? Friday calls for a party!
And what a Friday party calls for? A Friday party calls for a yummy pizza!
That’s why I am here with a GIANT pizza to have a party with you all! 🙂
Are you ready to join me?
Are you ready to have a pizza slice in your mouth, which is bursting out with so many delectable flavors? What? You all love it. Let’s have a party then! 🙂
My family LOVES pizza. We eat pizza almost every Friday, or at least every other Friday. We can literally live upon a pizza. Oh gosh! Pizza comes with so many emotions of college days, and may be that’s the reason we want to relive them over and over again. Though, that ‘over’ comes pretty soon (every other weekend)! 😉
What we need to make a Friday night super awesome — it’s very predictable now. I will bake a pizza, and Abhishek would serve me a glass of (red) wine. And we will chat in the Kitchen for a while. Little-A would be over thrilled to know that I am making pizza.
She would start dancing in joy, and she would eagerly wait for the time when I add toppings. And she would help me in that, also she would make sure to add her favorites (lots of) olives to pizza. For her, a pizza is not a pizza without olives! 😉
And then we will all wait for pizza to bake. That’s the hardest part.
Then Abhishek would turn on some animation movie first. Yeah, Little-A takes the front seat. And we will wait to eat pizza.
But there are some days when I click pizza photos for this blog, and then Little-A would come to me and she would also click pictures with her toy phone saying, “I am clicking photos. I need to click photos first”. She will make sure to click pictures from all the angles. 😉
And at this point, we are all set to eat a flavorful pizza. But wait, when the photos have been clicked and I have checked them on my laptop, only then we can eat pizza. It’s better to be safe than sorry 😉
And there are sometimes when photos seem okay in the camera, but they don’t appear good on the laptop. At that time when I want to click them again, the food is almost finished! Tough thing, I know. 😉
It has happened so many times now, and I have learnt a serious lesson from that. So now I check photos first and then let them eat. I know that’s very cruel of me. But I will do anything to post a photo here 😉
And do you know the tough journey of delicious food transforming into equally awesome photos? Each and every photo goes through a lot to appear here! They have to struggle so much to be here, to be with you all 😉
Let me tell you an undisclosed thing today; I am never satisfied with my photos. Seriously, I always feel my photos are OKAY when I share them. But never been really thrilled — except for some photos. Yeah! That’s something I don’t know how to deal with.
Do you guys have the same feeling sometimes?
When the photos are clicked finally, and I am sort of okay with them for the time being — I give them my green flag.
Then the selected photos want me to say something at this point.
Photo: “Thank you so much for picking me up, you really bailed me out of this situation of being with these losers.” 😉
And then we begin our party! A glass of juice, a pizza slice with a drizzle of tomato sauce and lots of olive. Little-A would shave-off all of the olives first and then she would move on to daddy’s pizza slice to gobble up all the olives, and then she’d turn to mine.
First she will make sure that there are no more olives left, and then she would start eating pizza along with her favorite movie, and a glass of juice. She likes to call it, ‘wine’. And we are okay with that 😉
And that’s how we celebrate a Friday pizza night. Friday night is a late movie night, and my family gets hungry again, so I try to make a large pizza, which serves 4-6 people! 🙂
Why I do that? Simple, I don’t want to go to the kitchen to cook something at midnight. So just to be on a safer side, I make a large pizza, instead of making two pizzas! 🙂
This ‘Chickpea Zucchini Mushroom Pizza with Pickled Peppers and Olives’ is also like the others we prefer. This is piled high with the simplest of ingredients. This pizza is all about the warm ooey gooey mozzarella cheese. Yes, cheese! A pizza without cheese is no pizza at all. This is what I say, not Little-A! 😉
Really, you can’t do pizza without cheese.
This pizza here is loaded with zucchini, seasoned chickpeas, mushrooms, pickled peppers and sun-dried tomatoes. It is kind of perfect time for this pizza. Well, pizza is great anytime of the year. So fresh, light and full of flavor!
Oh and the olives? Well, I forgot to tell that I added them as well! 😉 Trust me, you will love olives in this particular pizza.
So the bottom line is, this is an extra special, extra easy and chick-peasy, pizza!
And this pizza sauce, it is made with mayonnaise, tomato sauce, sesame seeds, dry oregano, marjoram, dry basil, garlic powder, salt, brown sugar and vinegar. Mix them all, and wait. Done. Just super easy, super yum and super fun.
If you want to eat so many veggies then a pizza is the best way to eat them. All veggies go along with plenty of cheese. So whenever you are in doubt, go for a pizza.
I rolled the dough first. Spread generous amount of sauce over pizza. Spread mozzarella cheese. Added zucchini, chickpeas, mushroom, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, onion and pickled peppers. Some more cheese and baked it.
Once it’s finally out of the oven, just top the pizza with some ground pepper, hot pepper sauce, if you like. And only thing remains – to eat!
This large pizza can serve 4-6 people.
Are you thinking what I am thinking? I think you are…so let’s attack! 🙂
Let’s learn to make Chickpea Zucchini Mushroom Pizza with Pickled Peppers and Olives.
Add all the ingredients to mixing bowl and mix well. Keep it aside for 30 minutes. Add all the pizza sauce ingredients to mixing bowl and mix well. Keep it in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
Preheat the oven to 325°F/175°C. Lightly flour a counter to roll the dough.
Use your hands or a rolling pin to roll the dough out until you have a flattened disk of desired size. I have made a square Italian Pizza. Place the pizza on a floured baking pan and then use your hands to gently tug.
Spread pizza pizza sauce over the pizza roll. Sprinkle 1 ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese.
Now arrange sliced zucchini, seasoned chickpea, pickled pepper, sliced mushroom, sliced onions, olives, pickled pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and sliced onions. Sprinkle ½ cup grated cheese on top. Bake the pizza in a middle rack for 30-25 minutes or until the cheese is all melty.
Transfer pizza to the lowest shelf and bake for 5-7 minutes.
Chickpea Zucchini Mushroom Pizza with Pickled Peppers [Recipe]
(Rating: 4.4 from 57 reviews)
|Prep time 🕐||Cook time 🕐||Total time 🕐|
|Category ☶||Cuisine ♨||Serves ☺|
|Nutrition Info ⊛||Serving size ⊚|
|246 calories||1 serving|
For Pizza Sauce //
- tomato sauce - ½ cup
- mayonnaise - ¼ cup
- dry oregano - 1 tsp
- marjoram - ½ tsp
- dry basil - ½ tsp
- garlic powder - 2 tsp
- brown sugar - 1 tbsp
- salt - ¼ tsp
- white vinegar - ½ tsp
For Seasoned Chickpea //
- chickpea, cooked or canned - ½ cup
- dried chili flakes - ¼ tsp
- dried oregano - ½ tsp
- pinch of salt
- honey - ½ tsp
- apple cider vinegar - ¼ tsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
For Pizza Dough //
- bread flour - 3 cups
- warm water - 1¼ cup
- active dry yeast - 2 ½ tsp
- powdered sugar - 3 tsp
- salt - ½ tsp
- olive oil - 3 tbsp
- some extra flour for rolling and sprinkle
For Pizza //
- seasoned chickpeas - ½ cup
- sliced, zucchini - 1 cup
- sun-dried tomatoes - 5
- onion, sliced - 1
- mushroom, sliced - ½ cup
- pickled pepper, sliced - 4
- green olives, sliced - ¼ cup
- grated mozzarella cheese - 1 ½ cup + ½ cup
- pizza sauce - ¾ cup
- pepper powder
Making Seasoned Chickpea //
- Add all the ingredients to mixing bowl and mix well. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
For Pizza Sauce //
- Add all the pizza sauce ingredients to mixing bowl and mix well. Keep it in refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
Making Pizza Dough //
- In a bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar. Mix with a spoon, then let it sit for 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Take a large bowl, and add flour and salt to it. Mix well.
- Add yeast water and olive oil.
- Mix to combine using your hands or stand mixer with dough the dough hook attachment.
- Knead until it comes together or form into a dough ball.
- Cover the dough ball with cling film and let it rest in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
- Knead the dough again. Now sprinkle little flour on the bottom of a tray, and place the dough ball. Cover with cling film and keep the dough in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Your dough is ready. You can now start assembling the pizzas.
Assembling Pizza //
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/175°C.
- Lightly flour a counter to roll the dough.
- Use your hands or a rolling pin to roll the dough out until you have a flattened disk of desired size. I have made a square pizza.
- Place the pizza on a floured baking pan and then use your hands to gently tug.
- Spread pizza pizza sauce over the pizza roll.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese.
- Now arrange sliced zucchini, seasoned chickpea, pickled pepper, sliced mushroom, sliced onions, olives, pickled pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and sliced onions.
- Sprinkle ½ cup grated cheese on top.
- Bake the pizza in a middle rack for 30-25 minutes or until the cheese is all melty.
- Transfer pizza to the lowest shelf and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- This would give such a nice crisp to pizza.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and and sprinkle with some hot pepper sauce and ground pepper, if desired.
- Slice into desired shape and eat!
- No notes for this recipe.