Chickpea Zucchini Mushroom Pizza with Pickled Peppers
This pizza is loaded with zucchini, chickpeas, mushrooms, pickled peppers and sun-dried tomatoes. If you want many veggies then it's the best way to eat them.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/chickpea-zucchini-mushroom-pizza-with-pickled-peppers-and-olives/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 20 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes
Total Time = 45 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = International
Serves = 4-6
Nutrition Info = 246 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Pizza Sauce //
- tomato sauce - ½ cup
- mayonnaise - ¼ cup
- dry oregano - 1 tsp
- marjoram - ½ tsp
- dry basil - ½ tsp
- garlic powder - 2 tsp
- brown sugar - 1 tbsp
- salt - ¼ tsp
- white vinegar - ½ tsp
» For Seasoned Chickpea //
- chickpea, cooked or canned - ½ cup
- dried chili flakes - ¼ tsp
- dried oregano - ½ tsp
- pinch of salt
- honey - ½ tsp
- apple cider vinegar - ¼ tsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
» For Pizza Dough //
- bread flour - 3 cups
- warm water - 1¼ cup
- active dry yeast - 2 ½ tsp
- powdered sugar - 3 tsp
- salt - ½ tsp
- olive oil - 3 tbsp
- some extra flour for rolling and sprinkle
» For Pizza //
- seasoned chickpeas - ½ cup
- sliced, zucchini - 1 cup
- sun-dried tomatoes - 5
- onion, sliced - 1
- mushroom, sliced - ½ cup
- pickled pepper, sliced - 4
- green olives, sliced - ¼ cup
- grated mozzarella cheese - 1 ½ cup + ½ cup
- pizza sauce - ¾ cup
- pepper powder
» Making Seasoned Chickpea //
- Add all the ingredients to mixing bowl and mix well. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
» For Pizza Sauce //
- Add all the pizza sauce ingredients to mixing bowl and mix well. Keep it in refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
» Making Pizza Dough //
- In a bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar. Mix with a spoon, then let it sit for 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Take a large bowl, and add flour and salt to it. Mix well.
- Add yeast water and olive oil.
- Mix to combine using your hands or stand mixer with dough the dough hook attachment.
- Knead until it comes together or form into a dough ball.
- Cover the dough ball with cling film and let it rest in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
- Knead the dough again. Now sprinkle little flour on the bottom of a tray, and place the dough ball. Cover with cling film and keep the dough in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Your dough is ready. You can now start assembling the pizzas.
» Assembling Pizza //
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/175°C.
- Lightly flour a counter to roll the dough.
- Use your hands or a rolling pin to roll the dough out until you have a flattened disk of desired size. I have made a square pizza.
- Place the pizza on a floured baking pan and then use your hands to gently tug.
- Spread pizza pizza sauce over the pizza roll.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese.
- Now arrange sliced zucchini, seasoned chickpea, pickled pepper, sliced mushroom, sliced onions, olives, pickled pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and sliced onions.
- Sprinkle ½ cup grated cheese on top.
- Bake the pizza in a middle rack for 30-25 minutes or until the cheese is all melty.
- Transfer pizza to the lowest shelf and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- This would give such a nice crisp to pizza.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and and sprinkle with some hot pepper sauce and ground pepper, if desired.
- Slice into desired shape and eat!
- No notes for this recipe.