Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
What is Chana Dal Capsicum Curry?
Chana Dal Capsicum Curry is an Indian curry recipe; which is prepared with Bengal gram, capsicum, along with spices. Chana Dal Capsicum Curry is a side dish for dinner, which can be accompanied with a hot bowl of steamed rice or any other bread. The awesomely unique combination of yellow dal and green capsicum not only looks very beautiful, but tastes so great, and filling at the same time.
Let’s learn to make Chana Dal Capsicum Curry in 5 easy to understand quick steps.
- capsicum, cubed – 1 large
- split bengal gram, washed (chana dal) – 1 cup
- tomato, chopped – 1
- onion, cubed – 1
- onion, ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 cup
- fresh chili chopped – 1
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds -1tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- coriander powder – 2 tsp
- red chili powder – 1 tsp
- dried mango powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt as per taste
- olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Take a pressure cooker. Add chana dal, with 3 cups of water, tomato, salt, and turmeric powder. Close the coverlid, and pressure cook for 6-7 whistles. Remove from heat, and let the pressure cooker cool down for a while till there is no pressure remaining.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, and mustard seeds to it. When the seeds start to splutter, add onion and ginger-garlic paste to it.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Add fresh chili, cubed capsicum, and cubed onions. Mix well and let them cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add red chili powder, coriander powder, and dried mango powder, along with 1/4 cup of water. Let the spices cook with vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add pressure-cooked chana dal and mix well. Cook for 5 more minutes. Delicious Chana Dal Capsicum Curry is ready. Serve hot with steamed rice, papad, and pickle. Enjoy!