Almond Rose Rabri With a dash of Saffron is a perfect dessert for any day, or when you have cravings for sweet. You can make this for festivals, as weekend family dessert. Eat it warm or at room temperature, or even chilled. But warm is always so good during winters. 🙂
Yeahhhh! The first fall of snow is here, and for me it is not only an event, it’s a magical moment, it thrills me. In the night you go to bed, and nothing is there. In the morning you get up and see, everything has changed brightly and beautifully.
Feels like, the world has changed in one night. You sleep in one kind of a world and wake up in another. I can even say that the first day of snow is one of my favourite days. When the day is so bright, and everything looks just perfect. Snow feels like, God has showered all of his love and blessings upon you. Wow! this is so enchanting! I know most of you feel the same.
Yesterday, it was snowing all day long. A precious day indeed, and asked for a little celebration. When it snows, I can sit on my window and watch this miraculous moment for hours. I only need one thing, something warm to eat or drink in my hands. Though, we cannot compare this feeling with money, but if we could, watching inches of bright white snow is a Million dollar moment.
Oh Gosh! I feel so ecstatic today, and grateful that I could see this magic with my eyes. I am so lucky. I know it. I do 🙂
For celebrating this day, I came up with the idea of some milky-nutty flavorful dessert or late evening brunch, whatever you want to call it.
I made Almond Rose Rabri With a dash of Saffron. Uuuuummmm, sounds so delectable. Right? They say almond is really nutritious, and if it is soaked overnight in water, it is even better.
Adding these soaked almonds to rabri (a rich and creamy milk dessert), just makes them more desirable. Nut fans this is a delight for you! When you add saffron to any dish, it not only gives it a bright color, but gives a nice aromatic rich flavour too. Rose water and dried petals makes it impeccable. This is real winter dessert, as saffron is good for mild cough and cold, and gives you total warmth, which is all you need. 🙂
And that means like snow, all the ingredients are falling into the right places. Ohh my my! This dessert is good, so flipping good.
A perfect dessert for any day, or when you have cravings for sweet. Why not try some nutritious food. You can make this for festivals, as weekend family dessert, and eat it warm. Yes warm! But you can also eat this at room temperature, or even chilled. But warm is always so good in winters. I love warm food, particularly if they are milk rich desserts.
So, let’s make it.
- Almonds, soaked in water overnight & skin removed - ¾ cup
- Evaporated milk - 400 gms ( or whole milk - 1 LTR)
- Sugar – 3 tbsp or as per taste
Pistachio,chopped – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Khoya/dried milk - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Dried rose petals for garnishing
- Rose water - 2 tbsp
- Saffron strands - 7-8
- Milk - 1 tbsp
- Heat a pan. Add evaporated milk to it and boil it. (If, you are using whole milk, then cook till the milk is reduced to half.
- Reduce the heat.
- Crush saffron strands along with 1 tbsp milk.
- Add crushed saffron to milk, and let it cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Now add almonds, khoya, and sugar to it.
- Mix well & cook for 3 minutes.
- Add pistachio, cardamom powder, and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add rose water to it. Mix well and let it cool slightly.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio, and dried rose petals. Serve warm & enjoy!
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #mggk
Happy Cooking and Keep Sharing! 🙂