Cooking time: 5 minutes
What is Shikanji?
Shikanji or Nimbu Pani is an Indian Lemonade recipe. Shikanji is prepared with lemon juice, sugar, honey, and seasoned with salt, and chaat masala. Shikanji is a refreshingly cooling drink. And it is just an ideal drink for a hot summer day.
Let’s learn to make Shikanji in 6 easy to understand quick steps.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar (I am using powdered sugar, as it dissolves fast)
- 3 1⁄2 glasses of water
- rock salt as per taste
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 slices lime
- 3-4 cherries (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cup ice cubes
- Take a jug. Add lemon juice, powdered sugar, rock salt, chaat masala and honey to it. Mix well until sugar dissolves.
- Add sliced lime, sliced cherries, and 1 cup of ice.
- Mix well again, and let it cool for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ice cubes to 4 serving glasses, and pour the Shikanji into them.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.
Liked this post, then you will like this too.