Cooking time: 30 minutes
What is Instant Onion Rava Dosa?
Instant Rava dosa is a very famous south Indian crepe recipe. Instant Rava Dosa is prepared with semolina, rice flour, all-purpose flour, onions and some spices. This is a quick & crispy crepe breakfast recipe, which can be served with chutney and sambar. Unlike traditional dosas, there is no need to soak, grind and ferment when making Instant Rava Dosa.
Let’s learn to make Instant Onion Rava Dosa in 5 easy to understand quick steps.
- 1 cup rava/semolina
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1⁄4 grounded cashew nuts
- buttermilk for making batter
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed ginger
- salt as per taste
- oil for cooking
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add semolina, all-purpose flour, rice flour, cumin seeds, chopped green chili, crushed ginger, coriander leaves, salt, and grounded cashew nut.
- Mix well, and add buttermilk to the mixture. Mix it to make a very thin batter without any lumps.
- Heat a flat non-stick pan, and add 1 tsp oil to it. Sprinkle some water, and spread 1 tbsp chopped onions on the pan. Sprinkle the batter on top, as shown in the picture below.
- Spread some oil on top and let it cook until it is golden brown. Flip it over and cook for few seconds. Remove the Dosa from pan. Do the same with rest of the batter.
- Instant Onion Rava Dosa is ready. Serve with coconut chutney and sambar. Enjoy!
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.
Liked this post, then you will like this too.