Cooking time: 30 minutes
What is Mushroom Matar Curry?
Mushroom Matar Curry is a dish full of spiciness & healthiness. Mushroom Matar Curry is prepared with green peas, and mushrooms. Adding Milk and cheese gives this curry a thickening and rich flavor. And tomato with other spices gives this curry just the right taste. This creamy textured Mushroom Matar Curry is a perfect delicacy for dinner.
Let’s learn to make Mushroom Matar Curry in 7 easy to understand quick steps.
- 1 cup green peas(matar)
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion paste
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp shredded cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 tbsp kasturi methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Heat oil in a pan. And add cumin seeds. When they start to splutter, add onion paste.
- Let the onion paste cook for 5 minutes, and add ginger-garlic paste.
- Let them cook for 2 more minutes, and add tomato puree along with red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, kasturi methi and salt. Mix well, and sauté for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- Now add milk, and shredded cheese, cardamom powder, and sugar to the sauce, and mix well.
- Cover the lid and let the sauce cook for 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add sliced mushroom and matar, and cook on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Your delicious Mushroom Matar Curry is ready to be served. Mushroom Matar Curry can make perfect side dish for any rice or bread of your choice. Enjoy!
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and sharing your thoughts.
Liked this post, then you will like this too.