Creamy Mushroom Matar Curry with Cardamom
Mushroom Matar Curry is a rich a delicious dish made with green peas, mushrooms, spcies, milk and cheese. Goes well with roti or any flatbread of your choice.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/curry-recipe-creamy-mushroom-matar-curry-dash-cardamom/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 30 minutes
Total Time = 35 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 120 calories
Serving Size = 1 Serving
» For Mushroom Matar Curry //
- 1 cup green peas(matar)
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion paste
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp shredded cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 tbsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
» Making Mushroom Matar Curry //
- Heat oil in a pan. And add cumin seeds. When they start to splutter, add onion paste.
- Let the onion paste cook for 5 minutes, and add ginger-garlic paste.
- Let them cook for 2 more minutes, and add tomato puree along with red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, kasturi methi and salt. Mix well, and sauté for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- Now add milk, and shredded cheese, cardamom powder, and sugar to the sauce, and mix well.
- Cover the lid and let the sauce cook for 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add sliced mushroom and matar, and cook on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Your delicious Mushroom Matar Curry is ready to be served. Mushroom Matar Curry can make perfect side dish for any rice or bread of your choice. Enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.